Eouldn't it rot your socks!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Eouldn't it rot your socks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 02:39 am:

Our T club had the annual swsp meet today, and there were a number of sites with T parts.

I bought a nice dash panel and switch, a really
good 26 trans brake drum, a Stewart speedo head with the plastic tumblers and these items.

I have just spent many hours restoring and painting a pair of original hood shelves, and then I found these much straighter ones. The black one even had the hood latches, good wooden blocks for patterns and one of the small headed mounting bolts and loom clips. Darn!

The mixture control rod turns out to be a 1909-10 item, so it is not correct for my 1912 chocolate van. I'll have to find a home for it.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:16 am:

Murphy's law corollary for parts; Once you spend lots of time fixing a beat up part, or repro part, a near mint original part will be at the next swap meet, cheap too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:33 am:

Yep, you are 100% correct with the round 4 hole mixture screw bracket for the 09/10. The 1911 went to the oval 2 screw version. Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 04:27 am:

I forgot to mention, the right hand side hood shelf has the inside edge folded under, most likely to accommodate the wiring loom as it passes the RHD steering lower bracket. You can just see it in the photo. It looks factory original. The one I worked on was not folded, nor are the repros.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration