Fuel tank location

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fuel tank location
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 09:03 am:

Is this an unusual location for a fuel tank? I don't see the steering wheel.

Happy motoring,

Warren

fuel tank location

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 09:27 am:

That was the very first airbag, it was always inflated due to the high speed of the truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 09:32 am:

The photo is in Hamilton, NZ. I can see the steering wheel in the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 09:35 am:

Here's the way it looks today as Digger's Bar:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:32 am:

REO speedwagons had their fuel tank located there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:33 am:

Dennis, thanks for the information. I have heard it said that you can not travel faster then 35mph, or the air will be sucked out of your lungs.
Royce, once again you are correct. I found this photo on today's PreWarCar web site, did you see it there as well? Digger's Bar looks like a great place to park your T in front off and go inside for a tall cool glass of lemonade.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:35 am:

I don't guess I know anything about the Pre War website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

In my home town an undertaker also owned a local diner right next to his funeral home. The going joke in the town was you never ordered liver or kidney pie from the menu. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

My question is why would anyone go to all the trouble to relocated the gas tank in that manner? From what I can see it appears there's still a seat for the driver and passenger. Maybe they needed additional rear floor length? It just seems odd....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Nice for really steep hills and very convenient shut off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

If that is the ambulance for the hospital there may not be a passenger seat and the stretcher may go up beside the driver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

It's possible that is a second gas tank, the original one still under the seat.

That would allow longer travel between fill ups. Maybe a lot of long distance driving was done with that truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

I think Erik might be on to something, mainly it being an auxiliary gas tank for extended mileage between fill ups. It also seems to be larger than the standard 10 gallon tanks. Plus the overall length seems to be to short to be used as an ambulance.

Happy motoring,

Warren

+++ jpeg +++ 612941 +++ Sambuca my 1917 Canopy Express
Delivery +++
1917 Ambulance
Look we just past a Chevy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

yea!! the chev was parked on the side of the road,ha ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

Looks like a top on the bottom, maybe a water tank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

Sorry typo, Tap!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

What year is the vehicle? Picture is circa 1927. If orig. car had a cowl mounted tank it would explain new position of the tank on the hack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 08:39 am:

I apologize Charley, I just could not help myself in sharing that photo.

Happy motoring,

Warren

1917 Model T Ford Canopy Express Delivery

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration