What was this used for?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What was this used for?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:31 am:

Is this t ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODEL-T-FORD-ANTIQUE-CAR-DODGE-CHEVY-TRUCK-FAN-PULLEY-G1 -G3-G6-/172092162354?hash=item28117e0132:g:4gMAAOSwll1WtqWf&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:34 am:

It's a stationary engine governor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Is there something missing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Jay has it right, used on buzz saw's generators and such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 11:47 am:

I think it is missing the fly weights off the front, like this one that I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

"Is there something missing?", yes, the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

I have a home made one of those using two timer rollers for the flywheel weights. I have several things made from T parts back in the day that should be in a museum somewhere. I had a metal lathe made from T parts that is on display at the Montana Ag Museum in Fort Benton. Lots of ingenuity when there is not a lot of money around.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration