Very unusual front hubs can any one identify

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Very unusual front hubs can any one identify
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

I have had these Very unusual front hubs can any one identify, I have never seen any like these, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

The drum part looks like Model A rear drums that have been cut down and a support plate added to the inside. I have seen something similar done when using Model A front hubs. The front drum is cut down to act as a support and backing for the Model A wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:16 am:

So these are made to use A wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:42 am:

Measure the bolt circle to know, the Model T wire is 5" bolt circle, Model A wire larger at 5 1/2".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:57 am:

I have read that there were other people mfg. automobiles besides Ford back before the war.

Do we know these to be Ford hubs ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

looks like 5 1/2" must be some kind of adapter to put A wheels on a T
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

Those would work great with the JAXON disc wheels I currently have listed on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

One problem Mark, these are for 5 hole wheels, yours are 6 hole wheels.:-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 02:00 am:

Oh poop! You're right David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 02:22 am:

:-) Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration