Magneto Problem Fixed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Magneto Problem Fixed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

I inquired about my non-functional magneto last year. The engine died when switch to MAG. I replaced the wobbly magneto post, but no luck. Last week, I flattened and sanded the ignition switch contacts as I'd read in the Forum, to get the headlights working better. The magneto now works fine.

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P.J. Thiessen-Elkhorn NE. on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

Good to hear Phil. I am going to tackle the same issue after the thaw. I know the mag worked when the car was parked, but upon resurrection no mag. I will try your solution.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration