Holley G venturi

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Holley G venturi
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Magnus Wiberg on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

I am rebuilding a Holley G 1919 carb ,and looking into the MTFCA book "the Ford Carburetor" I find very exact dimensions for the strangling tube there. The book states the strangling tube be 1.159 in. height. But several salvaged old original tubes taken out of old carbs measure about 1.38 inches in height(35 mm) How come this difference, and is the exact height of the venturi critical for performance of the carb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

I always change them.
Here are the parts

https://www.modeltford.com/item/6061.aspx
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/strangling-tube

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

Langs as of last Friday didn't have any
Going try chaffins this week

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Magnus Wiberg on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 02:47 am:

I Always change them, too. And I know they are available from different vendors and I bought from them before. But my question is; is the height of the venturi critical. This time I decided to machine one myself from a solid piece of aluminum. Looking up the drawing in the MTFCA book showed that the measurements didnīt correspond with the actual measurements of old original tubes. So either itīs a missprint in the book, or the author himself machined one with the given measurments.My question then is; is the measurement of the height given shorter because the shorter venturi performs better. Or is it just not critical at all?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration