Hand crank to fan pulley fit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hand crank to fan pulley fit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Hoban on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 04:48 am:

I purchased and fitted a Langs 3963C clamp bolt flanged fan pulley but now the crank only just engages with the roll pin.

I purchased a new crank dog clutch but it is worse.

Has anyone had experience of this, what do I do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 08:55 am:

I have same issue as you. Didn't discover it until I put the engine back in the frame. I've had no problem starting my engine so for now I'm going to leave it alone.

It appears that the depth of the i.d. bore face is insufficient to fully engage the crank pawl. Eventually I plan to remove the pulley and face off the bottom to get the clearance needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:11 am:

The new pulley isn't made correctly. Call Lang's and see if they have updated stock for a replacement. You can see by their image that the roll pin hole is drilled along the bottom.

The original is cupped to allow clearance of the crank dog.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration