Delivery truck doors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Delivery truck doors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 11:12 am:

I am looking at a 1924 "box truck" Fully enclosed two rear doors etc. My concern is that the hinges on the front doors cause the doors to swing forward. Any photos I find have the hinge to the rear edge of the door. How are you supposed to shut the forward swinging door once you are in your seat?? I am wondering if the doors were changed or added . I have only seen photos of the truck.

What are your experiences and thoughts on this???

Thanks as usual

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 11:50 am:

any thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Tom, confusing, are you talking about the front cab doors? And are the hinges by the windshield, or by the seat (normal open or suicide open).
I would suggest you grab the door while getting in, then shut it when you're sitting down. . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

What is a box truck?

Ford made two truck body styles. Both have front hinge doors. Aftermarket bodies could be in any configuration. Some companies took the front doors off for deliver trucks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration