Alternator Kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Alternator Kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Looking for a alternator kit for a 15 T. I have seen many pictures of them at different dealers but no one has them in stock and do not know when they will get more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

Richard are you trying to swap a generator out for an alternator, or add an alternator to a non-generator block?

I'll take pics of my setup, but adding an alternator to a non-generator block is pretty easy. You can make the two brackets you need pretty easily.

Get this alternator right here
http://store.alternatorparts.com/7127m-6volt-35amp-10si-series-self-exciting-alt ernator.aspx

All you need is to make 2 brackets: one that hangs from the water outlet at the front of the head and another one from your fan bolt. Then just run a wire from the nut on the back to your positive battery terminal. You'll need a longer fan belt but that's about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

I attached mine to the compressor. (grin) The oil pump is in the generator hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Trying to put a alternator on a 15 T they did not have a spot for a generator. Like you say I may have to make up the brackets. Just thought someone might know where to get the kit. When they manufactured them they came with everything needed for around $270 bucks which wasn't to bad. Only problem like I mentioned all the dealers are out of them and have no idea when they are getting more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Trying to put a alternator on a 15 T they did not have a spot for a generator. Like you say I may have to make up the brackets. Just thought someone might know where to get the kit. When they manufactured them they came with everything needed for around $270 bucks which wasn't to bad. Only problem like I mentioned all the dealers are out of them and have no idea when they are getting more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

OOPS sorry for the double post. Must have it the post spot twice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Richard,
turning your magneto into a battery charger is the cheapest way to go, I have 2 that way, one at 6 volt for many years, and the other 12v, works well, keeps every thing looking original under the hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

Seth looking 12v version

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

Contact Daryl Becker, his kit runs about $165.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Hal...what the?....you got central air in your T??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Tim he has air but I think it is more for keeping the adult beverages cold :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

Frank sent you a PM. Ted do you have a contact for Daryl Becker?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Tim, I've ridden in Hal's '25 Fordor and yes he has air in it.

After Hal retired from the Air Force (he was a pilot for large planes, not fighters or bombers though) He opened an air conditioning shop and he really knows a/c very well. One of his sons runs the shop now I think.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Tim, the air works great but the Fordor has a bunch of air leaks that diminish it a bit. I have an under dash unit and NO it does not take a bunch of power to run it. At 7 or 8 hundred RPM you can hardly notice an RPM change when you turn it on. The alternator takes about as much. Sorry Richard if I drifted off your subject here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

Yep I have been to Hal's Garage That I believe his son runs now But he still has a very large area for his model T's. Oh by the way Hal the starter I got from you last summer is still working great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:34 am:

"Call 419-577-4377 or email larrydbecker@yahoo.com if you have any questions!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

Hi Keith, I flew the KC-135 my last 4 years in the AF and my son, Mike, does run the shop and renamed if from Hal's Auto Air to Hal's Auto Care. Congratulations on making The MTFCA Board. Regards to you and Carol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

Richard, I have a feeling that we can get an alternator installed on your car. Drop by sometime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Hi Hal, Best wishes to you and Vonnie also. Hope to see you two on a tour again soon.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration