What would it cost to sship a T cross country? Anyone in the club doing this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What would it cost to sship a T cross country? Anyone in the club doing this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

Don Blain has a decent looking 26 T touring just about complete in need of restoration posted in the Classifieds. I would very much like to buy this car but I worry about shipping costs (student loans are hitting me hard haha). Does anyone have an idea of what it might cost to ship a T from OR to Central NY? Is there anyone in the club perhaps that does meets across the country that might be able to add it to a load?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Contact Freighter Jim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

Matthew,

Buy closer to home.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Matthew A,
Freighter Jim is probably the best you can do on a "for profit" (and he ain't making much!) dedicated haul. You MIGHT be able to beat his price with one of the big haulers. Their bigger trucks use much more fuel, but they divide the fuel costs between more cars per load. Either way, the fuel cost is the killer. A $200,000 car can be hauled from coast to coast for about $2000. One percent of the car's price. Unfortunately, it costs almost as much to haul a $4000 car the same trip. That at FIFTY percent of the car's cost. Big buck collectors don't mind shipping cars all over the country. Us little guys do need to buy closer to home.
If you use your own truck, and pull your own trailer, you now have to buy gasoline BOTH ways. Probably better off to hire Jim.
There have always been cars I would gladly sell one of mine to buy. But they always seem to be back East.:-(
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce CT on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

Why not fly out, rent a Penske truck and trailer, and haul it back. Make an adventure out of it. Still may cost you $1500 all said and done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Uship.Co easy car move.Com are two services I used
In 08 fedX shipped my dad's T across for 2k
Wasn't my choice that was his
Freighter jim best source here last year I had two T shipped open trailer commercial hauler half way across for $800
For me I buy closer to home well worth that extra $$ to buy then ship sight unseen
Both the T's I had shipped if I had seen them in person would have passed on them even though once they arrived they were just like the photos I had gotton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Lane on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

I have just shipped a 1912 T from Pennsylvania to LA in a covered in truck for $2000. I understand that it took 6 days to get there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration