Whats going on at Birdhaven?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Whats going on at Birdhaven?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 12:59 am:

What's going on at Birdhaven?
Is someone ill, always a problem with small businesses?
Have they lost interest?
I have been trying to buy a Teas T distributor from both Langs and Snyders, both buy from Birdhaven and they have no stock and both having problems contacting Bob at Birdhaven. I called Birdhaven, had to leave a message with no response.... I believe the alternator is another Texas T part and the supply of alternators seem to have dried up.
I hope Bob is OK. It seems a great shame to have purchased the Texas T business and it all going south. More info or some returned phone calls would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 07:09 am:

I just bought some parts the other day. I didn't speak with BILL, but I chatted with Shauna and all seemed well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Kilmer on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Shauna runs the store and is there M-F 9-5 and Sat 9-12 most days. Bill works another job full time but is usually around Sat am. He and son Justin work the shop. Give them a call 515.674.3949

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 09:21 am:

Called Birdhaven, left message on machine, Shauna called about 3 hours later, (time zone) and I placed order over phone with credit card for a 12" shorten KC Warford new drive shaft, got it in a week. Item was great.

The only wish would be internet sales ordering over the web, but ole time phone call still work:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 10:33 am:

I live in Iowa, so they are close. I ordered on a Saturday morning about 10:00am and got my part Monday morning at 9:00am. Regular Post Office shipping. Great service, friendly, and I love the Tootsie Rolls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 10:53 am:

Hi From Iowa: Bill & Shauna have been helping us since long before they got Tex T! They are Great Folks and a Pleasure to Deal With - have always been fast with us!!! Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

I've never bought anything from Birdhaven... But I've been working on T's from the WI, MN, IA, IL, MI area more-or-less full time since 2003, have met several hundred T guys and nothing negative has ever been mentioned about Birdhaven that I remember... Personally if I couldn't get hold of them on the phone after leaving two or three messages over the course of a week, I might post here asking if anyone else had trouble reaching them... But I would give them a darn good long chance to respond AND actually do some business with them a couple times WAY BEFORE I would speculate on a public internet forum about a business owner "Losing Interest"...

Just my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

Adam, I had called and tried to order a distributor.
Adam, I spoke to Don Snyder and he mentioned that his calls were not returned and his emails were ignored.
Adam, I talked to Langs and they had no stock of the distributor from November 18 until February 8 when I cancelled my order...
Adam, how long does one wait for a returned call, I consider a week a "good long chance to respond", I suppose you might consider six months a suitable time period, but I am confident that waiting that long would have made no difference to the outcome.
As I mentioned in my posting, I suspected illness and after Bill email me, that was indeed the problem. I feel justified in my comment, sorry if you disagree, Bill didn't seem to mind......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Adam, I had called and tried to order a distributor.
Adam, I spoke to Don Snyder and he mentioned that his calls were not returned and his emails were ignored.
Adam, I talked to Langs and they had no stock of the distributor from November 18 until February 8 when I cancelled my order...
Adam, how long does one wait for a returned call, I consider a week a "good long chance to respond", I suppose you might consider six months a suitable time period, but I am confident that waiting that long would have made no difference to the outcome.
As I mentioned in my posting, I suspected illness and after Bill email me, that was indeed the problem. I feel justified in my comment, sorry if you disagree, Bill didn't seem to mind......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

Sorry for the double post, I was a little upset.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Called them yesterday and left a message. They called me back and I ordered what I wanted. Must be busy because it was at least an hour before they returned my called but dinged my credit card rather quickly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 04:50 pm:

Tony,
Your post followed by 5 posts from people who have recently had no problems made your initial post look like a case of sour grapes. Now that I have read the additional information that was missing from your initial post, that does paint a little different picture... And it sounds like you have received a reasonable explanation from the vendor on what has been going on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Call this afternoon, ordered a Scat stroker and some other stuff. They had it all in stock and will ship out. Good people, never had a problem, always seem to go out of their way to help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

I talked to Bill about some parts I needed for a distributor. Response was quick, both by phone and e-mail. Got the parts with an invoice. Sent a check. Transaction closed. Good folks in my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

I ordered a engine stand adapter and it was delivered in about 8 days. No problem..Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

Birdhaven corporate headquarters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

Super people to work with! They have my Master Card number so I can just order and receive the material in a few days. No problems!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

I would rather buy from a small family business that may not be able to have everything in stock, and wait a week or two than buy from a faceless monster like Mac's that does not not give a damn. Your mileage may vary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 11:42 pm:

Paul, I couldn't agree more. Great people, and we're fortunate to have them. Maybe not as big, but I personally put them in the same category with Lang's and Snyders, top notch.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration