Old Photo - LORAIN OHIO 1924 TORNADO DISASTER DOWNTOWN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - LORAIN OHIO 1924 TORNADO DISASTER DOWNTOWN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 09:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 10:31 am:

Interesting to note,the cars are upright with tops blown off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Nice reference for redoing a top.
Also a result of early climate change.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Jay...great photos. This town is but a 40 minute drive from me. Same tornado ripped thru Sanduaky Ohio just north of me then continued on to Lorain. Leveled the yacht club plus many other structures. A year or so ago someo e posted a pic of a touring dumped into the shallow swamp area near where the tornado took down the city's water standpipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

Tim, my Grandmother used to talk of that tornado, she was out getting the wash off the line when it came through Sandusky. I have seen other pictures over the years of downtown Sandusky what a mess. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

The town still looks like that today...we'll get around to cleaning it up sometime soon. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Dennis born and raised in Lorain, yes it does need some help, great location on both the Black River and Lake Erie but a economically depressed area. Some great old buildings still standing on Broadway where this picture was taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

Joe,

No disrespect intended to your fair city. I've been to Lorain many times and it is a very nice place. I'm just being my usual smart a@@. I apologize if I've upset you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

Dennis no, not upset, too much drama on this forum often enough. Can't disagree it was once a nice place to grow up, but I have never questioned whether or not leaving it was the right choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Lorain used to be a great place years ago particularly with the presence of the Ford plant. Well, without going too O.T., we all know pretty much what happened there so I won't go there. It went through a bit of a renaissance in the 90's, now seems to be slipping backwards a bit again, but they'll pull through. They're still doing a good job developing and promoting it's riverfront possibilities at least. Fortunately Spitzers are still there holding the place together! Back when I was Captaining the Goodtime I, for two years I ran the boat up and down the river to the steel mill for their riverfront gala event and it was showing great signs of progress then. Hope it continues.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration