Dodge Brothers - Do you have a photo of an old Dodge?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Dodge Brothers - Do you have a photo of an old Dodge?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 09:59 am:

I am a Dodge Brothers and Model T owner. I would like to see if other Model T Owners own Dodge Brothers Vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Paul on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 10:04 am:

I own a 1926 TT, 1930 Dodge DD roadster, (2) 1930 Dodge DD sedans, 1931 Dodge DH sedan, and a 1931 Dodge UF10 Screenside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:26 am:

Hi From Iowa! My first car was a '28 Dodge STD 6 4dr sedan. I bought it in '54 when I was 9! I was looking for a Model T when one of my classmates told me their hired man was selling his Model T. When Dad & I went to look - it was a DODGE - I was very disappointed! It was a very nice car so we bought it - He was asking $25 but Dad offered $22.50 delivered to our farm! My brothers, sister & cousins & I spent many happy hours driving around the fields for years!!!! Still have it in the back Car Barn!! What A Deal - Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:38 am:

I had a 1925 Dodge sedan till about 2 years ago. It was a real barn find. I also got the 1930 Whippet and the 1925 Franklin in the same deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Never liked the high-riding headlights on early Dodges, but I do have a few later ones. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:53 am:

I don't think I have any pictures, but my grandparents owned six cars in their lifetime. A 1914 Dodge (bought used), a 1928 Dodge, a 1936 Dodge, a 1941 Dodge, a 1950 Dodge and a 1956 Chrysler. A fairly brand-loyal family.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:58 am:

My only Dodge is this modern one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

A friend restored this '26 a few years ago. He is a Model A guy but this project was a good change for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

This year I'm going to take the model t to the Mopar meet it is more Dodge than the Dodge cars are. HA HA HA Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

This is a photo of my dad holding me while sitting on the fender of his dad's 1937 (I think) Dodge panel truck. It was taken sometime in early 1948. I got better looking later....

Dad and Me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Oops, sorry for all the blank space. It's a small picture and I didn't realize all the blank area would show up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

I have a lot of DB parts on my Model T, will that count?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

My 1915 Dodge Brothers - model 30-35 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

I have a matched pair: a '16 T touring (well, Dec. '15 actually) and a '16 (May, 1916) DB touring. Both are still on their way back, but it's interesting to note the differences between the two; I think there's enough metal in the DB to build two Ts! I also have a '53 Dodge P/U that the data tag reads "Dodge Brothers" so I guess that qualifies. . .
BTW, my '16 Dodge wasn't a "barn find" -- it was a "field find." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 04:44 pm:

We drive a 1916 DB touring. The best tour car I've ever had. Drive one and you will see why it cost a lot more than a T did at the time.
There is a real solid 25 DB sedan locally for sale, still in its barn home of the last several decades. Disc wheels, bumpers, 12 volt starter/generator, all steel body. I was told $2500 but I bet it would go cheaper. Also a 25 roadster and 27 sedan in the same barn. After working my way around them I was a walking cobweb. Half an inch of dust on everything. They are still out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

I own a 1920 dodge brothers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

I've got a 1926 Dodge Brothers Four Door DeLuxe Sedan I bought for $300.00 when I was in high school. It was literally a barn find and up to it's hubs in dirt. The farmer had to pull it out of the barn with his tractor. We trailered it home, dropped a battery in it, filled the vacuum tank with gas and she started on the fourth pull of the crank!!! It's been running ever since.My DB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

I was about a day too late to get a really nice '24 Dodge 4 dr sedan. I guess it was a good thing as I think my wife would have divorced me if I had that and my T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 03:37 am:

I've got a couple of 34 Dodge Brothers cars.
The roadster I've had since the early 80's. This picture is from the movie set of Natty Gann filmed in Vancouver in the 80's. They loved the original appearance. It looks much the same today only I've changed the wheels to some original wires that I found. I haven't run it for the last 15 + years. Maybe next year...

The coupe is an original rumble seat car that sold new in Vancouver. I chased it for 20 years before I finally was able to pay too much and get it. It's fun to drive. I use it quite frequently.

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley MN on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:37 am:

I do not have an old DB but I found some invoices from an early Dodge dealer, the building being torn down in the 70's. These are copies I made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

1938 Sorry, it's a Rod.
I still have 3 original steel wheels w/tires if anyone needs them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

1924 screenside delivery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

In addition to my 2 T's I have three other cars, one of which is this '25 Dodge Brothers Model B Sedan....... :-)

DB Sedan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 03:57 am:

Ken, those '34 Dodges are beautiful cars. The coupe almost looks like the top has been chopped. There were some wonderful cars built back then. A good friend of mine had a '33 Dodge three window coupe that was a very low mileage car in the mid '60's that was a time capsule. He sold it about a year after he bought it for $100.00 more than he gave for it and thought he made a great deal. Needless to say, he has regretted that decision for years. Fortunately, it is still in the area and the last time I saw it, was in pretty much the same condition except the interior had deteriorated a lot.
In my opinion, the '34 Fords were the most beautiful cars that Ford ever built, and they had some nice cars! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

Watch the opening title for the Beverly Hillbillys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Malcolm Moore on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

Has anyone seen an early dodge with the DB on the radiator? Malcolm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Her is A 1915 touring used on one of the latest Dodge commercials.

dodge

15 Dodge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

I like the blue wheels.
These 2 were for sale at Thanksgiving point a year ago. I don't remember the years or prices.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

The Beverly Hillbillies car I remember was an Oldsmobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

Talk about mis-information. I just googled the Beverly Hillbillie's truck. The first offering was called "Beverly Hillbillie's truck and Buick". The second was an interveiw with a fellow who just restored it and claims it is a 1924 Rio??? The 3rd mentions George Barris and is a 1922 Oldmobile. I'm no expert but can believe the '22 Olds story from what I believe is the right radiator shell.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 03:47 am:

Malcolm, I don't have the horn yet for my '16 touring, but I'm not worried, as right on the radiator it says, "Dodge, Bro!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 09:42 am:

Dad got his name in the paper driving his Dodge the wrong way through the tree. Slow news day (or week).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 09:49 am:

Hi Malcolm. Yes I have. There is also a lot of misinformation out there about the six-pointed star. The Dodge brothers were not Jewish, and so far, I have seen nothing that would provide any information other then opinion as to where it came from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Here's what I have heard about the DB "star". It's not a star, it's two superimposed triangles, each representing one of the brothers, with different personalities and contributions to the company. Each of the triangles is a different color. Probably a myth, but at least plausible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

Erik B, I don't know if it is a myth or not. But that was the story I read some years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 12:53 am:

Over the years I have learned a lot by listening to folks telling me about my car. I now know that all old cars are Ford T models. If a Ford T Model is Rusty, it is a Beverly Hillbillies car.

Yep that pretty much sums it all up except that all T Model Fords were black, had packing crate floors and were designed to run on moonshine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 01:24 am:

Ken, I had a 1933 Plymouth coupe which was pretty similar to your 1934 Dodge. It had two spare tires mounted in the front fenders. Absolutely wonderful car. I had a brain poot and sold it about 1961 and miss it to this day. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 02:50 am:

Robert
I sold a 35 Ford coupe to buy my 34 Dodge roadster back in the late 70's. It was a good decision! The hydraulic brakes, independent front suspension, longer wheel base, all steel body and beautiful lines have left me with no desire to have another V8 Ford. The flat head six even starts easily in hot weather! The coupes are also interesting as the factory chopped the roof 2-3 inches from the sedan height. Makes the car look very sporty! But the T's are sure fun to drive. I easily put 5 times the miles on my T's over the Dodges in a year. Just not enough time to enjoy them all....
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 09:31 am:

Ken, I can't recall if my Plymouth had independent front suspension or not. The car did have good brakes. Plymouths first went on sale in 1928 and had hydraulic brakes from day one. The whole Chrysler line were certainly some of the best engineered cars of that period.

Thanks for posting those great pictures of your Dodges. Really took me back. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

'33 Plymouth had a solid front axle. I believe that '34 was the first year of Plymouth independent front suspension. Chrysler never built (to my knowledge) a car without hydraulic brakes.
Early Chrysler products were very well-engineered. Love my T, but if fate had intervened differently, I would be a '24 Dodge owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

The Beverly Hillbillys Olds is in a museum in Branson MO. I have seen it two times in Branson. 1977 and last summer on the Model T tour. Maybe there is more than one of them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

Good information, John. Thanks. One feature of the Plymouth that I didn't care for was free-wheeling gear. When the car was coasting the engine would slow to idle. I always kept it locked out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

Bob
John is right. In 33 the Dodge's and Plymouth's had a solid front axle. In 34 both cars came with independent front suspension. Apparently it was expensive to manufacture although it worked well. So in 35 the cars went back to a solid axle again. This continued for a few more years.
I don't like the free wheeling either. I've cheated a bit and installed an overdrive transmission from a 38 Chrysler 6. It bolts right in. I only had to shorten the drive shaft. That's been a great improvement. In overdrive I can cruise gently at 60 mph if I want too. But like most old cars it feels best driving at the speeds it was designed to go, 50 mph or so.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 01:49 am:

Ken, thanks. Does your 34 use springs or torsion bars in the front?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Haworth - El Centro, CA. on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 09:34 am:

This photo shows my grandfather and his brother in law washing his 22 Dodge.

22 Dodge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

Not a Dodge, but my dad's first car was a 1929 Plymouth Roadster that he named "Bonnie Jean." It was maroon with black fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Just to update what I said about Plymouth independent front suspension: I just read that '34 had independent front suspension, but it may have been an option that was available for only a year or two. '37 and '38 had a tubular straight front axle. Don't know about '36 or '39. '40 had independent front suspension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

Dodge Test Track

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 12:30 am:

The 34 Dodge and Plymouth use coil springs on the front. I believe Plymouth offered a cheaper model that came with a straight axle sometime during 34.
I started a new thread on the Dodge Brothers and Henry Ford. Check it out!
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan - Vineland NJ 08360 on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 07:38 am:

My Father's 1933 Plymouth PD - It used the dodge frame. We are restoring it now and need some parts If anyone has some to sell. thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 08:41 am:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration