Model T Timers Archive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Timers Archive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 10:58 am:

For those of you who seldom if ever visit the MTFCI Forum I put together a thread there on Model T Timers that covers a bunch of model t timers all in one place, with photos of original timers, original boxes, original literature and magazine/trade journal ads. I believe it to be the most comprehensive source of it's kind on the web. I try to update it with new material as I come by it.
Here's the link:
http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/132-Ford-Model-T-Timers-Archieve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Need a "like" button!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:26 am:

Thanks Jay...posting that information is certainly time and effort well spent. (I should say no more).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

That's a very Timely article :-) thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

Holy Mackerel... I can't believe how many different timer models were made over the years. I need to start a collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Everybody had a better idea for the timer. I have a box with, I think, about 12 or 15 different ones. I did have more but sold some a few years ago and have bought a couple really cool ones since. I'm not sure I have photos but it would be an interesting thread. I have one NOS one that should be reproduced. It cost $5 in 1925, that was a lot of money and I'll bet they never sold many.

Seems to me like we did a thread on them years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

In about 1962 I worked for a local contractor. He bought a shop building in Bellingham that was the former "Everts Foundry" It became my job to empty the building. Among the many items to be taken to the dump was about a pallet and a half of Ford timer brushes. I kept a box of those, but can't find today. Not in any of the above pics. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:35 am:

I believe there were more then 200 different timers offered over the life of the Model T from what I have heard.

I also believe Doc Buie of British Columbia has one of the largest Model T Timer collections in the world, or so I was told.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

I love seeing Jay's collection, and the photos on the MTFCI thread. For whatever it is worth, however, I have for 45 years actively tried to NOT collect timers. It was a choice I made because I had to decide how to spend my limited resources for the things I wanted most. Yet, somehow, even I have nearly a dozen different timers. I have I think three different Milwaukee timers (I like them), a couple different original Ford script, several timers with no name (Tiger and the like), two original Andersons, a New Day (I don't like them, but it came with a couple I wanted), plus a few odd types.

This is good stuff! Thank you again Jay!!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration