Need some advice about a tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need some advice about a tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 07:52 am:

Hello All, specially the engine builders,

Sometime ago I found a tool, someone told me it was to rebuild Connecting rod. There are no cutters and I can't find out how to use it. Maybe someone recognise the tool and can guide me in the way it should be used.
Thanks
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 08:19 am:

yes that is what it is for. the cutter goes in one of the holes in the main shaft. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Andre:
yes it is a connecting rod boring fixture ...a boring bit is set in 1 cross hole and a radius . spot facing bit is set in the other cross hole in the bar with the crank handle ...the 2 cone shaped parts on the lone slotted portion adjust the center distance (length) and the v-block and flat anvil adjust the big end to center the bore ...
old tools are very cool ...good find ...always an optimist ...gene french

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration