Modifying a Model T for a handicapped driver

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Modifying a Model T for a handicapped driver
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Woodin on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

I'am looking for anyone who has modified a T for a handicapped driver. My driver has limited use of their left hand and leg.Looking for what you modified and how you did it. Thanks for helping a young person get to drive a T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

In 2014 or 2015 threads there were several postings showing modified Model T's presently and during the Model T hayday. I'm not good at posting links but if you go to the 2014 or 1015 forum link and under the search feature ask for handicap modified Model T you should be able to find the thread about how it was done.

I hope you find what your looking for and if you can elaborate on the disability of the driver there are many folks here who are willing to help develop some driving aids for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Dennis

Here is that old post, but unfortunately less about the actual conversion.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/499661.html?1418513251

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Palmisano on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Les Schubert was having adapters cast to bolt an automatic transmission to a T engine last year.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/519514.html?1424373950
Prior to this I have read that others have made adapters to mount a C4 automatic transmission to a Model T engine for hill climbs, etc. I have no experience with this, hopefully someone with more experience with an automatic transmission will chime in.
Something else to look into would be the e-timer which can provide automatic advance to the timing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

I would guess a hoghead from a right hand drive car should be found and adapted, the pedal angle and such may be better suited for right leg use.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration