Original generator cutout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Original generator cutout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Could someone post a picture of an original cutout?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

Square or round?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

It's for a '27 so I assume it's round.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

This cutout was on my original 1924 touring. Pretty sure it Ford original. Script on the top of the case.

Found another and pried the case off it, and put it on a new cutout to keep the script, was a bit hard to get off, remember the case was kinda spot welded or something to the cutout base. Had to file the old case to fit the side terminal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:06 am:

OK, thanks Dan.

The one I have is like this (not my picture) and I wondered if it could be original Ford. The cover has a Ford script.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Eric,

It's Ford perhaps, but for a later Ford. Maybe even V8 era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 11:43 pm:

The cutouts with the bolts to hold the wire, rather than the original screws are not original equipment from Ford.
The picture of the one above is much more likely an original. Note that the connection to the generator is a spade lug that is part of the relay and the output to the battery is a slotted screw into a small plate, again from the relay. Many small manufacturers stamped "Ford" on products in the 60's and 70's until Ford started demanding 7% royalty in the eighties. Many of us just stopped making parts as the volume was not worth the potential risks...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Ford cutouts always had the Ford script on top, even the V-8s. I have a John Regan script cutout on my '25. It's the best thing I've ever done! The one Eric posted above is the later style cutout used on V-8s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

I have the John Regan (Fun Projects) voltage regulator on my '25 and it works absolutely GREAT. No more wondering if you're over or under charging, or heading for a dry battery. Thanks John. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

A few years ago I bought a nice original 1922 coupe. It had a new reproduction Ford script cut-out that did not look right under the hood with all the other old original looking parts. So, Fun Projects installed their regulator inside an old original Ford script cut-out case with the "right" patina. Now it looks and works great.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration