Show me your tool roll...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Show me your tool roll...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

I have always been a sucker for tool rolls, and I am thinking of building a few, since the ones out there are just to generic for me... Seems like I can never fit my tools the way I want them to fit...
Another issue is that I just never know which tools to place together. So far I am thinking a handyman (around the house tool roll) one for standard and one for metric... Etc.
Then I ran across these tool rolls.
I think I'm going to try and replicate the Master tool kit.
Looks like it could be a fun project!
So, if you have them, show us a picture of your tool roll and what you like to carry in them...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 09:19 am:

I have thought about doing this too. I have some of those sets of straight and "S" wrenches and have wanted to make the tool roll for them. One could compare the dimensions of the tool shown in the illustration with and actual tool. Then use some math to extrapolate the dimensions of the tool roll. As for what material to make them out of, I don't know. Does anyone have any old tool rolls for tool set sold by aftermarket auto parts stores? Is this page from a Western Auto catalog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley MN on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 09:38 am:

This is what I got with my late '27....plan on completing the set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Jeff, is that the original bag that came with the car?

I'll bet the tools survive longer than an original tool bag.

Interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Try to get the lug nut tool into the bag!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Look what I found... I plan to do the same just need to build that tool roll!

Lotta bucks for tools!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintage-tool-roll-kit-1913-1914-era-perfect-hand le-tools-screwdrivers-/301468498351?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEB IDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=I6JnmVpr7kekoV8I4CpBECi%252F3yg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Here are some pics from the eBay page...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Here's mine:

Photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Tool roll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:44 am:

It always amazes me that the early motorist brought along, and apparently needed, chisels, punches and files in order to make repairs at the roadside. How lucky we hare to have interchangeable parts which (usually) fit without any trouble.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration