Clarification to the MTFCA National Tour Policy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Clarification to the MTFCA National Tour Policy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 10:47 am:

There seems to be some confusion about the newly revised MTFCA National Tour Policy as reported in the January - February issue of The Vintage Ford on page 6.

Mike Vaughn wrote that article and both he and I have received phone calls about it.

Because of that, Mike has emailed a clarification
of the policy. I tried using cut and paste to add it to this thread, but it didn't work, so I'll put his clarification in a separate post.

Thank you for your understanding on this.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Here is Mike's clarification:

Clarification to National Tour Policy

I have had several phone calls requesting more information about the recent changes to the MTFCA National Tour Policy. The new policy is not a mandate that requires chapters to host a National Tour. It is a mandate that requires the MTFCA Board of Directors to ask chapters to host a National Tour. It is a mandate that once asked to host a National Tour that the chapters will seriously consider hosting. The new lottery drawing is only a vehicle that will be used in determining which chapters will be asked in a random fashion. The policy also tries to move the National Tour to different parts of the country. It was felt that one of the reasons that we were struggling in finding a host chapter was because chapters were not being asked. This new policies primary objective is a requirement of the BoD to ask chapters 3 years in advance to host a National Tour. It is expected that chapters will seriously discuss the possibility of hosting a tour and then notify the BoD of their decision in a timely manner so that the next chapter can be asked to host. Chapters are encouraged and can still volunteer to host a National Tour. Chapters can submit a request to the BoD three years in advance of their tour. We are in no way mandating that chapters host, only that they seriously consider the possibility of hosting after being asked.

Respectfully,

Mike Vaughn

Of course, if you have any questions on this, (or anything about the MTFCA), please feel free to call or email any of the MTFCA Directors. Our contact information is given on the inside front cover of The Vintage Ford, or on the "Contact" section on the main menu for this site.

Again, Thank you for your understanding on this.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

I was glad to read about the change in policy and focus. A couple of years ago, when the tour was in Nebraska, I wanted to go. But, when we figured out the total cost for our family of four to haul the T down, pay the tour fees and hotel rates, it was more expensive than flying the kids down to Disney World for a week. So, we did that instead. I look forward to attending or even hosting a national MTFCA tour in the future.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration