Going for a little drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Going for a little drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

I never see forum posts by any of the local Model T owners, but I'll post this in case any are lurking. Sometime in April or May, assuming I'll again have a running T by then, I intend to go for a drive into Kay, Chautauqua, and Osage Counties, probably on a weekend. It will be about 100 miles, almost all on country roads. Anybody with a T is welcome to go along. This is not an official tour sponsored by any club. It's just some Model T's going for a drive. I'll send an email with the date if I have your address, and post on the forum in case I don't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Man, I wish I lived nearby, those pictures are so appealing! Looks like it will be a lovely, relaxing drive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Yeah,...what David just said! I'd love to go along, but it's "quite a 'fer piece from Washington to Kansas!

Nice pictures by the way,.....love the one of the "native American" bovine! .....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron frazer on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

looks nice out your way steve, so far the only T I got road ready is the TT and that would sure be a slow drive for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 02:12 pm:

It's great T country. My wife and I went back last year (year before?) to do Steve's tour and had a grand time. It was a long drive to get there but we could justify it by seeing family who live nearby. Very nice scenery and really fine Model T roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

jeff, if your going through osage county, that's next door to Shawnee. give me heads up and i'll tag along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

Sorry "Jelf". not wearing my triple bi focus glasses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

Steve, Not sure if I can make it but my son in law is interested. Send e mail to Gasenginecollector@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

I will come up let me know as you firm things up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

That looks fantastic Steve, wish we had some roads like that in these parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 01:02 am:

Oh BOY !! The rainy season. lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 08:16 am:

And C O L D ...

http://content.vidride.com/stfl/videos/Chilled_retriever_goes_for_a_drive.mp4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Steve, Your tour sounds like lots of fun and I'd love to go. Other committments prevent it this year, but maybe some day....I'd really like to tour in Kansas. Those nice T roads, beautiful scenery, light traffic, etc., just make for really nice T driving.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

We have no good places to drive without tailgaters in my area. Those roads would be a blessing around here. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Tyrone, that's Osage County in Oklahoma, not the one in Kansas.

The light traffic is for sure. A couple of years ago when Ed and I were planning our tour we drove the route and in fifty miles we met three other vehicles, and two of them were the same truck twice.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Steve, I never realized how close you are to my old stomping grounds in Oklahoma. My family is from Yale Oklahoma area, south of you, and just east of Stillwater Okla. We still try to go and visit family there at least once a year. I may have to come by and bother you some day .. :-) I would love to go for a weekend drive in your area. Maybe not this year, but someday ... take lots of photos, because without photos "it never really happened" have fun and be safe Donnie Brown ...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration