Exhaust Gases

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Exhaust Gases
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carnell leaon moore on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Wondering if someone could help me with this?I have exhaust coming out of throttle rod hole in the side of the block is this anything to be alarmed about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

Commonly known as "blow by". It's what gets past the piston rings every time each cylinder fires. Happens with all engines,....it's just a matter of how much blow by there is. The more worn and "tired" an engine is,....especially worn out rings, the more blow by. I just read recently (and I firmly believe in this) that some of the sweetest running "T" engines are very loose and pretty well worn out! If it runs good, and you don't plan on any long trips with your "T", just drive it until it no longer runs "pretty good" (or better) on all four cylinders,....FWIW,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

*IF* the gasses are actually EXHAUST gasses, then be wary. But, most likely, you have a vapor of hot oil from valve lubrication contacting the hot block. Modern cars have the same situation, but they have a "positive crankcase ventilation" system- PCV valve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carnell leaon moore on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Thanks very much for the info men!Both make total cence,it does run good so drive it i will!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

Keep the windows open or the side curtains off. That stuff will get into the passenger compartment. Other than that, no big problem if it runs good.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration