Old Photo - Model T U.S. Mail Truck Loading Up Air Mail

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T U.S. Mail Truck Loading Up Air Mail
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 01:30 am:

Hey fella, move that truck so we can see the Curtis's JN-4!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 01:47 am:

When he moves the truck we will see a De Havilland DH-4

This is a Curtiss JN-4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 01:53 am:

TT and Jenny:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 03:57 am:

Interesting, that pilot could be my 'adopted grandfather' Leo Mellon. He flew the air mail biplanes, used to tell some wild stories about flying. During WWII he was a base commander of a pilot training base. They had to use some pretty old planes too, at the start of the war!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

I had the opportunity to buy one of those many years ago. It was converted to a crop duster and used in central Michigan. It ran but was not air-worthy. It was only $500.00. But I was a teenager, living at home, with no place to put it. Oh, well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Marty, Just think what you could do with it NOW! Flying is a great treat in a Bi Plane!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

I would like to claim that I was fooled by the plane being hidden behind the truck... alas I was just a fool! Anyone can plainly see that lower wing is the same length as the upper... not on the Jenny. Looks like another DH-4 in the hanger... rounded bottom on the radiator.

Bill really cool fuel tanker TT.

TH

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration