Old Photo - UPS Delivery Truck Fleet Portland Oregon 1928

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - UPS Delivery Truck Fleet Portland Oregon 1928
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

What are they ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

Not positive, but I think they're White's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 12:03 am:

The White's I have seen from this period had a sort-of-Packard shaped radiator shell, but more rounded,
and the headlights were not bucket shaped, but more like T's and 28-29 A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:47 am:

'26 or '27 Ford. The drum headlights and disc wheels are additions. The crank, transverse spring, hood, radiator and fenders sure look like T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 04:43 pm:

A long time friend of mine has an original UPS truck that he restored many years ago. After they confirmed that it was in fact one of their original trucks (legally bought and owned as an antique by my friend), they gave him just enough of their proprietary color and paint for its restoration.

By the way, Burger and Richard E, he lives closer to you guys now, up in the PNW. I have only actually seen him twice in the past twenty years, but I still consider him my friend.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Tim Stangelang is in Montesano, WA. his UPS truck is truck #51 purchased new by UPs in 1923. He drove it down to the first Catalina Tour, that's when he lived in Northern CA. and there's pictures of it in the Vintage Ford that covered that tour. Might be Vol. 4 #4

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

Thanks Ed for chiming in!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration