Old Photo - Brass Era - Sandbo Advertising Touring Car, Dixon, IA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Brass Era - Sandbo Advertising Touring Car, Dixon, IA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 12:32 am:

Interesting headlights. I don't think I've seen any quite like those. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 04:21 am:

Aftermarket electric. If you look very carefully just behind the left side headlamp fork, you will see the wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 08:50 am:

Strange contraption on lower front of radiator--it must be part of the "Sandbo Starter." The car doesn't have a crank. I guess if you have the amazing, blazing Sandbo Starter, then you don't need no stinkin' crank no more! What do you do when the battery runs down--or is it a manual pull type of starter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 09:02 am:

Here's another car with the Sandbo unit installed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:07 am:

Notice the lip on the front fenders. Apparently not all '13s had them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

I really would like to see a definitive study on the transitions of the '12/'13/'14/'15 fenders. I have been trying to get it straight in my head for a long time now, and the harder I try, the more confused I get. I rarely comment on this particular subject because I often read "as fact" things that I KNOW are not true. But I don't really know what IS true. That silly front bill came and went and came and changed a few times. The various beads changed, however apparently not necessarily in time with the bill changes. And a lot of old photo evidence does not follow the generalities I can find.

Great photos again!
I would love to see (or have) one of those starters myself.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

Those aftermarket head lamps appear to be Vesta Accumulator Lamps, Chicago Ill. I have a pair on my '14.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration