Buyer Beware!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Buyer Beware!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

There is an ad of ebay now for some old time muffler straps. The seller is not mis-representing them at all, but if you take the time to measure the diameter of a muffler, you will see those straps are about 8" short! He has them pictured with a ruler along side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

What is the correct length supposed to be? I knew they were short but snagged a couple anyway. I figured I'd see how they were made, maybe make a few longer ones, or most likely add on the extra needed. The buckle end looks correct though? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

From Bruce's encyclopedia CD:

Part number 4039

RETAINING BAND (For muffler asbestos wrap, 1/32 x 3/4 x 18)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Tanks Phil! I really need to invest in that CD set.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration