Runaway e-bay item, am I unaware of something ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Runaway e-bay item, am I unaware of something ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

I know this is a nice NOS part, but am I unaware of some reason for the price ... or am I just so old I remember when I bought a car for that much :-( :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121890219774?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

I wouldn't exactly call it a runaway with two bids. It started at $350.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

I having been watching that. Very cool but way too expensive for me. I haven't seen one before but I'm thinking it will sell north of $600.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Most of what your paying for is the Bosch Logo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

The fact that it is NOS affects the price as well. If you had a Black Era Speedster running Bosch ignition components it would be a "Must Have" I'd think. Rare NOS accessories are in a category all their own, as we've all painfully found out at one time or another.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

Rat rod and hot classic rudder as well as us stock or semi stock guys seem add value to neat kool and unusual items

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

Seems this or one like it was listed a year or two ago. For a speedster it would be great but for a stock T, might have to rework the dash and drill new holes. It's 4 X 6 1/2 and only $18 for shipping. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 09:24 am:

Except for the Bosch logo and the light I don't see anything special about it. No idea why anyone would pay hundreds of bucks for it. I would like it at around $50. Not enough to pay that, but I would look at it and admire it as someone else paid that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 10:03 am:

I utilized this Bosch dash plate over 20 + years ago when I built my Racer - installed a voltmeter in place of the ammeter but I thought it looked pretty snazzy ! Only second one I've seen !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 10:52 am:

Steve -TWELVE VOLTS......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:24 am:

I'm assuming it's an accessory? I ask because it seems a bit rare. As Royce stated what's special about it besides the name & lamp? As in why would you buy one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

I wonder if the people bidding on it know what this is and have any of the rest of the correct system this belongs to... Or if the bidders are just speedster nuts that are going to hack it into their build because it says Bosch all over it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Yes, - sorry folks but it is 12 volt system - BB RAJO has a bit more H.P. than the 6 volt starter appreciated & being a Winfield downdraft - had to put a dang fuel pump inline ! But she goes like "stink" !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Fit my dash board style very well, thank you !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Steve, It looks very good there I might add. You have a very nice car .. I hope to be joining you in the Rajo fraternity soon ..:-) and If converting to 12 volts is my only concern ... I see "no problem " :-) :-) have fun and be safe..... Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

If I had more money or fewer projects, I'd bid on it. That would be very cool on a speedster!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration