🚔 forum police🚔

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 🚔 forum police🚔
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

It amazes me that the pulled OT thread remained civil and yet someone was offended enough to raise a stink about it and get it pulled. What a sense of accomplishment they must feel.

I just don't get how someone's happiness can be based on what others say (that they agree with only).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

You have got to be kidding? Nope it is gone.

Makes me think someone is sitting at their computer with their chest all puffed out like they really did something. " I complained and got a thread removed from a forum,I am the all powerful curmudgeon of the Model T world "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

There are men who like kissing other men. Some things are just beyond my interest in understanding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:26 pm:

Well, heck, darn, and shoot.

So! We'll show Him!

Let us just continue on here. Here in the land of Free Speech. Fooey on him!!!! And he think that he is So smart. Neener neener neener.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

And yes, the french fries at Five Guys ARE good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

And Burger King food is bad and likely to get worse. It was a silly thread and I posted some very silly stuff on it! It makes me sad that our forum seems to be going the way of the PC lowest common denominator... I posted that you needed to put your big girl panties on and log off of a thread if you were offended. I bet the most of us agree. Unfortunately it would seem that the guy with the wedgie rules. Over the years I have noted how many good T guys have quit posting.

(Message edited by paulmikeska on February 13, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Damn straight they are Bill!! A week ago, I ordered a double (rare) cheese with mushrooms, mustard and A-1 sauce. I also ordered a large fries. The sandwich was dropped into a huge bag and the delightful young lady behind the counter filled the remainder of the bag with fresh-cut fries. God Bless her little Millenial heart.

Somewhere, a morbidly obese and intellectually obtuse individual who is apparently hated by horses and wears a circus tent as a duster is licking Vegemite off his fingers and gloating. Deny him his victory and post about Model Ts, archaic Druid rituals, your favorite fast food outlet, your E-timer (or not), your water pump (or not), Marvel Mystery Oil (or not), your grandkids...etc.

It's called the First Amendment and I spent 24 years as a professional soldier through 2 wars defending that right - among other things. Last time I checked, this WAS the website of the Model T Ford Club of AMERICA. House rules apply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:31 am:

OK Ron,

I have 4 running T's. 3 of them have original coils and magnetos in them but one has a True Fire in it!!! And I use 2 cycle oil added to the gas in all of them. On top of that I don't care if that offends any one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:42 am:

God Bless you Paul!! Since we're in the confessional, I'm a lapsed Irish-Polish Catholic who eats meat on Fridays during Lent and feeds his Ts Marvel Mystery Oil (periodically - when they're good) to keep their smiles bright and 2-piece valves strong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:55 am:

Ron,

It gets worse. My current project is a 1930 Modern A!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:05 am:

Blasphemy!...how dare you have fun and profess you have a sense of humor in these dark times!...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:07 am:

Paul,

I have a '30 Town Sedan, a '30 AA doodlebug and a '28 A doodlebug myself. They've been in my stable longer than any of my Ts. See you in Hell. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:20 am:

And we're off! Off our rockers! Yea for us!

It is the middle of winter. The winter of our discontent; can't drive our cars (many of us), too cold to work in the shop (heater can't keep up with the cold), cabin fever is setting in bad, almost going to kick the dog (I don't have a dog), talk to the guy in the mirror and disagree with his reply.

Golly, we are all just trying to make it to tomorrow. LIGHTEN UP! SMILE, it is good for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:53 am:

well, I will admit I was getting a bit tired of it, & it was getting harder to come up with puns to post. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 02:15 am:

OK, that's it, I am leaving the forum ! It's late, and I need to hit the rack. See you in the morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 07:59 am:

I like waterpumps and Marvel Mystery Oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 10:18 am:

I just put a dab of transmission fluid in my gas tanks of my vehicles once in a while to clean the combustion chambers.
Why? Because about 15 years ago,for a couple weeks while I was working I got to noticing alot of smoke coming out of my old station wagon tail pipe as I left a stop light. After a while it got to where i had no tail gators and then I noticed the transmission fluid was low.
The modulator valve diaphragm had went to the bad and was letting fluid thru the hose, into the carb and thru the engine. Once I fixed that, the car ran much better,got better mileage than before. I checked a couple plugs and they were clean. Hum, the detergents in the transmission fluid musta cleaned the engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 10:41 am:

I just opened the garage door and looked at my T's. 20 degrees in there...so I guess no ice cream or fast food ride today!

Speaking of fast food...:-) :-) :-)

On another topic...yet still T related...did you hear that the MTFCA forum always gets cranky in the weeks prior to Chickasaw? Has always been a right of passage to clear the winter cobwebs...but this year they had a good runaway topic that was becoming a daily read even for a lot of former lurkers and newbies judging by the 'handles' that were used. Oh well, hope that the newbs don't resent the censorship and go back to lurkers.

Funny how things change, or maybe my old man perspective is changing...there were years and years back in the 'topic tree' days where this forum seemed to actually be 90% back-porch runaway year round...

I was taught if you don't have something nice to say about something then say nothing...I'll leave the forum for now...(but I'll be back tomorrow):-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:01 am:

"I was taught if you don't have something nice to say about something then say nothing".

Not 100% sure, but I have this very strong feeling that posts get deleted because some don't abide by that very reasonable teaching that was imparted to you.

Not just words - but pictures, also.

With all the strife and turmoil going on everywhere, it sure is beneficial to be able to read some humor that can be read anywhere, by anyone, without offending someone. Yes, somewhat hard to do, but it has been done and can be done again...we posters just need to remember that these words can be read by all ages, all genders, in any part of the solar system that has internet access.

Some rules really are necessary. Without traffic lights, and people obeying them, driving ANY vehicle would be deadly.

Well, off the soapbox.

Cheers and comfortable warmth to all. Won't be much longer and I can open the cabin doors!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:04 am:

I still think it's un-American to put ketchup on a hot dog. And my T has a sealed ball-bearing fan pulley and it's staying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:11 am:

"For Better or for Worse" summed up our feelings pretty well last Sunday.

http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/forbetterorforworse/s-1794629

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Gilbert - Be careful about the 'copyright' material....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

Are you aware that there are 50,000 illegal Irish in America? And what is your opinion about mayonnaise on French-American fries? Would the use of Castor Oil mix in fuel tank cure the EPA?
http://www.thejournal.ie/immigration-reform-usa-ireland-1791566-Nov2014/
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/22/anti-austerity-protesters-throw-chi ps-mayonnaise-belgian-prime-minister
http://forums.autosport.com/topic/35600-why-do-old-engines-smoke/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Marv, the link is public. I don't think there is a copyright problem in posting the url of a public link. Saving the strip and posting it here would be different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

You guys are a tough crowd! :-)

My mom was always outspoken but when she got to be 90 she became very direct.
If she didn't like something or disagreed with someone she said so.

In honor of my mother - I have no idea why the thread was deleted. Deleting it was stupid.
It was fun, added to the comradeship between most of the T guys, and gave us something to look forward to each day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

Poor Chris, you guys are intentionally baiting him. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

That's a strange comment Mark.

I mean that's a comment Mark Strange,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 04:25 pm:

I agree. I nominated that thread as "Thread of the Year". Shame on who deleted it. Now I have this water pump............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

I don't blame Chris - he does a superb job with this site. Probably got tired of the whining from a particular individual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

Inquiring minds would like to know.......

Wouldn't it have made more sense to ban the whiner?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

My grandmother used to tell me, "I'm an old lady, and I can say what I want to!"
Hmm, I like mayonnaise on my French Fries. . . . It must be my Flemish side showing up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

"Why do you always include a quote in all of your posts? It is just rubbish and fake. Phooey to you and all your Clinton voting countrymen eating hamburgers and the like that is why you are all fat In America"

How is that for a paraphrased quote from A Vegemite sandwich eater?
What is Vegemite anyway? Do they put ketchup on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

I was gone much of yesterday so i do not know what or who pushed it over the top.Anything i have to say i will say it here!!With all that political crap was it a good thread for the Club?? David mentioned the Golden Rule which seem's to fit very well.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

David, you must mean this....

(Photo taken nine days ago here in St. Louis at the monthly get-together of the Dutch club.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

Gilbert & Dick... It's the part at the bottom of the cartoon which could be troublesome to me - "COPYRIGHT 2016 UNIVERSAL UCLICK. This feature may not be reproduced or distributed electronically, in print or otherwise without the written permission of Universal UClick." The cartoon within the link displayed that language. We don't need to unintentionally get the MTFCA into a legal pickle'. JMHO!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

It's a link to their website.
You can't copyright a link can you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

-Guys-
My apologies if I came across too serious. When you are encountering a much larger 'outfit' with much deeper pockets, it's probably not a good idea to 'poke the bear'......
I've been building wooden rocking horses for kids, using a Packers' theme. NFL 'licensing' costs $100K. I make certain I use only licensed materials from the Packers' Pro Shop, and make sure to include the NFL licensing emblem. 'Legal' proceedings would make the $100K chump change next to a fine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Just FYI, but nearly any recently deleted webpage can be found by clicking on Google's cached version of it. Not every website will be be cached - especially a page that's only up briefly but anything that's been up for a day should be cached by Google.

In the case of a Forum message, search for mtfca and include the exact name of the thread or a portion of the name

You will get back results including the deleted webpage:

If you click on the blue link guess what you will get - nothing - it's been deleted remember.

However, at the end of the next line down (green text) you will see a cute little down-pointing green arrow.

Click on the arrow and the word CACHED will appear.

Click on CACHED and you will get the complete, deleted page.

How long a cached webpage lasts on Google's storage system is totally up to them so don't expect to find it in a years time.

Here's a portion of the page in question. I blurred it just to be polite.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

I have to confess, I have been working on a 1931 Model A Cabriolet and I am putting an overdrive and a synchronized transmission in it. This has slowed me down with my T projects.....
Now I feel a little better getting that weight off my chest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Since we are being dirt honest here I have to admit that I drove my Korean car to Walmart today and purchased some stuff made in China for my cell phone.

Later I drove my Canadian made truck to the coffee shop and got some South American coffee from a west coast coffee company and the coffee barrister had a green hair and a hose ring.

I almost said what the $$&@ is wrong with you but I decided that I didn't care what she did to her hair, nose, or other body parts as long as I could remember how to get home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Well guess what I learnt today, how to display an old or deleted thread.
I must admit the thread was WAY off topic, if indeed there was ever a topic. It was taking up space, it was VERY long, no one was hurt, well maybe Ray's feelings but the Ray I knew a few years ago had fairly thick skin.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Vegemite: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite#

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Very interesting Garnet...as Tony said, another interesting tidbit learned from the Forum. Wonder where that nugget would be filed if we had a separate subsection for various "parts"? Long live the "OT" label!

It would appear that the operative words are:

Not every website will be be cached - especially a page that's only up briefly

That thread was many "pages" long, and apparently the offensive material was not "up" long enough.

I do believe that our Moderator is doing a terrific job of keeping this Forum a venue we should all be proud to share with anyone.

I know - Constitutional Amendment rights and all that....but...
one doesn't leave loaded weapons within reach of toddlers - usually; also, in larger metropolitan centers one takes care to secure one's personal property...
so too, when offensive, derisive material is posted on a site which is open to all ages and genders, isn't it prudent to put our best foot forward and remove that material? After all, this hobby will only continue as new, younger, interested people participate. It is in our collective best interests to keep this site attractive to all, isn't it? There are numerous other websites that displays material relished by a select few, and does not belong on this site - IMHO. I applaud the Moderator for keeping this Forum as presentable as is humanly possible.

Not whining, nor complaining, just saying what I see...

I wish comfortable warmth for all....soon !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Garnet--I thought that was an eye test! Egads!!
Dick, Interesting, I've never heard of that stuff, now I'll have to look for it. I always thought the mayo on fries thing was an English trait; but if that's what they do in Belgium, then it's my flemish genes telling me what to eat! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

If I have a choice I use Ranch or blue cheese dressing to dip my fries in but mayo works in a pinch. I just can't get into catsup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

I did want to say 1 thing.
If I offend someone,send me a email and tell ME. Running to the moderator is just annoying to him I am sure and unless he types word for word a email to me as to what offended you,I am apt to do it again unknowingly. Repeating the process.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 04:57 am:

Mack, well said. I unintentionally slightly offended a poster on the classifieds awhile back, and he PMed me about it. I took care of it as soon as it was pointed out to me. I try not to offend anyone, but, sometimes things are misinterpreted, or just plain misspelled or I just have a brain fart! Sometimes, spell check just screws up the whole thing!:-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 08:37 am:

We've begun to enjoy plantain fries more than the tater based ones. Our favorite rapida comida joint is Encebollados y Mucho Mas. Great humitas too :-)

To keep it T related, our 27 speedster ran a TrueFire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 08:49 am:

I had to google plantain fries as I had never heard of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 09:16 am:

I second Mack's recommendation of blue cheese dressing on french fries, yum! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:07 am:

David, we have an international supermarket near here that carries all kinds of stuff from around the world. The Dutch section is fairly large and includes both mayonnaise and "fritessaus." They are similar, but the sauce for the fries has more flavor.

I just googled and found an online store in California that has it.

http://www.hollandsbest.com/

At the top, click on "Groceries," then on "Dutch." Then click on "Sauces and Dressings." Both Remia and Calvé have the sauce for French fries ("fritessaus").

Eet smakelijk! Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:59 am:

During my high school years, our favorite nightcap stop was at a place we called 'Greasy Grimms' for some "Sticks and salve", otherwise identified as fries and tartar sauce. Best combo I've found! (Just try a sample to find out for yourself....)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Went to the Early Bird Swap meet yesterday and as always the hot scone booth was up and running. I ordered the bakers dozen 13 for the price of 12 and the young lady handed me my bag of scones and gave me a very nice smile and wink.

When I got home and put them in separate zip lock bags for the freezer, I then realized she added 2 extra ones I'm sure that was the wink and smile,

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

"Nobody I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hotdog."
Look it up Clint said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1vZq3bTS_Y

Around 45 seconds into the video.
Not everything is appropriate in these quotes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

If you guys don't calm down, I'll post MY project, that should offend everybody. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 09:06 am:

Come on David,you have done it now, the curious want to know. A T bucket? :-)
I agree with Clint on that 1. Yuk, catsup on a hotdog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Lots of onion and yellow mustard on a natural casing puppy. Sadly, no natural casing dogs here. Instead they use a food grade plastic for the casing. Needless to say, it's been 3 years since we've enjoyed a good dog :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

I like corn dogs. Hard to find unless you're at a carnival/fair. They do have them at Walmart however! There, I said it.

Oh, by the way, all my T's have water pumps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

Dick,
Hmm, the bottle of sauce is $4,95, but the shipping is $10, guess I'll wait until I see some at a specialty store!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Three of my Ts (all with new radiators) have water pumps -because their governors are integrated with the pump mechanism.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

I like corn, dogs, and corney jokes, but don't prefer corn dogs.

We are not allowed to say that we do not like things in our house.
So our urban dictionary says that prefer actually means like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

" I do not like them, Sam-I-Am. I do not like green eggs and ham."
"I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you. Thank you, Sam-I-Am."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

No Sam is from Norton Ma - you are Robbie from Tennessee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Norton's Ma? Did she hear a Who too??

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

David, you're unlikely to see it at a generalized specialty store. There doesn't seem to be a Dutch store near you. Will ponder this. In honor of your grandmother, you really should try it....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

In a car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

Dick, the grandmother I quoted was my Prussian grandmother, came here when she was 3, the Flemish side is my Grandfather on my mother's side. Cabus, was the family name, which I think has died due to no male offspring. There's still family in Belgium though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 12:01 am:

The range of things talked about on this forum are out of this world and this "newb" here (as stated above) likes almost every one of smart-alecky comments made!
What a joy! I've laughed SO hard and cried at some of the comments made.

I wish I could have seen every topic posted here back in the nineties when my crappy little Ford was coming together but if I remember correct, I wasn't able to see as I was not a member. That's OK. I understood. :-) Is that right?
It WOULD have been a blessing for me and my Ford tho. :-)
Jeez, we LOVE that little Ford. True.

Especially the OT topics as there are MANY views out here. Americanism at its very best. :-)
Some of you fellas saw right away "that" thread was gonna get dumped.
I replied in a very gentle way to the O.P.
I wished he would read it and still hope he did.
Myself, I do not "resent the censorship" at all but I'll be darned if I'll "go back to" lurking.
You folks are stuck with me. ;-)
Mindless babble stopped.
Du
:-)
Is this OK that I post this?
I'm 51 G@d d@m^ years old and I happen to like this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 12:24 am:

Yeah, we're the Muppets grumpy old men peeps that Statler & Waldorf never had.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 12:54 am:

And some of us are just Marty Feldman sitting on a park bench in an overcoat asking, "Heh heh heh, wanna Walnetto?"

David "who me??" Dewey

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration