Bendix went to purdition

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bendix went to purdition
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Well, starter stopped engaging, first thought was bendix spring as most commonly happens. Note this time.

And how do I get this rascal off ??

Never seen a tool for this one ,but have an idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:04 am:

So...fix it. Put the gear back on the counterweight and tack weld or braze several spots. Pull the flange/tang together and braze, weld. Common failures. If you don't want it...I'll take.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:45 am:

So George, How in hell you have nice pics that big I can see when you have that? I can't do
that. Always says its too big??? puzzled with this picture thingy...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:46 am:

Replacing the fractured drive collar is easy, get new repro from vendors, pry off old one, slip on new. Then press the center cut down into the groove, but not tight, you want the collar to turn easy.

You can replace or repair that gear as John posted, remove the nose bearing collar to get off the gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 10:31 am:

George,

With sympathy for your problem...and might you have any advice for others?

Any thoughts as to the cause?

12 Volt battery?

Attempting a start with spark advanced too far?

Timer out of adjustment?

Any other cause comes to mind? - Or just fatigued metal?

Thanks for your ideas.

Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration