1915 along the road-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1915 along the road-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:20 pm:

How about those natural wheels???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

Painted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

Lovely sepia photo. _Y'know, I've always wondered about why the rear wheel isn't concentric with the rear fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:31 am:

I don't know what to make of that photo. It does appear to be old enough, yet the wheels would have been unusual that far back. I prefer black wheels as God and Henry (I am joking a bit) intended. And I have been defending natural finish for a long time. I know that it was done that early. And wheels were also painted "after-market" colors that early also. It was done. I have seen other photos, and read the ads offering them that way. But it was not common before 1920 or so.

Bob C, I don't know why, but model Ts do vary on the severity of that "off center". Part of the reason for the inconcentricity (I just made up that word, he he) is the angle of the drive shaft. When the car hits a bump, or gets heavily loaded, sags, or crosses uneven ground? The suppression of the drive shaft pushes the rear end back away from the front of the fender. So it isn't really much of an issue. It still looks funny to me. Even after 45 years.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration