NH what year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: NH what year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

what year NH no name plate ford script casting?
nh4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:16 am:

OK I'll probably be showing my lack of intelligence, but I'll try and figure this one out. I have several "straight through" Holly NH's and they're all different. Some have brass floats and some have cork. One has cast levers, (both choke and throttle), and an air bleed as illustrated in this photo. Another has stamped steel levers and, again the same type air bleed as pictured. Yet another has stamped levers with the air bleed under the brass identification plate. All are the straight through design. I realize that changes and "repairs" could have been performed during the last 90+ years, but some things simply can't be changed. The carb in this photo appears to be the more common "sway back" design used in later production, but has the early style air bleed. My thought is that the guys at Holly were experimenting quite a bit during the development of the NH carburetor. As to the year of production on this particular carb, I would guess mid to late 1921. I know there are a lot of others out there that are more knowledgeable about these carburetors than me, but that's my best guess. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:48 am:

That's a weird combination Dean. I have never seen a round bottom float bowl with that offset drain. There's a mixture of years within the one part!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

This is the only NH I have seen with ford script in the casting, and No name plate.
snh

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration