Puyallup Swap Meet Plunder, what did you get?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Puyallup Swap Meet Plunder, what did you get?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

This was the 50th annual Early Bird Swap Meet. A goodly amount of T stuff in concentrated pockets. Here is a link to some images of the meet and mostly of the items I purchased. Best deal of the day was the 2 Stromberg "OF" carburetors for a total of $175 for both.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/albums/72157662302251874

It was good to see some familiar faces and meet a few new ones. We got our "shopping" done before the rain really let go.....Thankfully.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 01:42 am:

Two ruckstells, a sherline lathe, two Holley g s. Very little t stuff there. Saw a few people I knew, had a ten buck burger and a good time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 01:48 am:

Erich, What is the box with the transmission in it used for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 02:51 am:

That's what i'd like to know.....

Looks like a fabricated reduction unit chain drive for some machine utilizing a repurposed T transmission??????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:48 am:

Only good stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

It's sad so little T stuff shows up at swap meet these days. I stopped going to several shows in my local area for that reason. I guess the best place to find Model T stuff is to check the Obit's regularly for Old Model T farts like myself who have left a ton of great T stuff behind that they were saving from the hoarders.:-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

Hello to all thanks for everybody that bought stuff from me that allows me to keep on buying lol I picked up a few early tail light brackets a set of early brake rods and a NH straight through carburetor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

Thanks for the great pictures Erich. Mike too.
Jay is right about disappointing swap meets. However a couple of $5 carburetors can make it worth a long drive and a motel room. These weren't at Puyallup but at Great Falls a few years ago. Fewer T guys go there and a few nice things of Grampa's show up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

to the left this is Steve Eremenko from Canada in the middle is Stan Howe and his brother very nice to meet you all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

I picked up a Zenith HP5A carb along with the stub manifold for a Fronty. Didn't really NEED it but . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Ha, Mike, I saw that head sitting in the back of the truck after you bought it but I didn't know it was You the guy was telling me about. What head is that? I looked at it but not sure.....Is it a Reeder? Looked pretty good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

All you old time hot shot swappers missed the best buy of the swap meet. While we were late to the gate I did make the best buy.

While my swap buds were looking I asked the question, how much? the seller told me this model t part belonged to his widowed neighbor whose husband was one of the founders of the local model t club. He then suggested a price of $15.00 would be reasonable. I reached in my pocket and pulled out 7 $2.00 bills and he quickly accepted.

My swap buds were stopped by a tag on the part that stated "not for sale" I am never stopped by "its not for sale" ya gotta just ask the question the question.

Well now I am the proud of this incredible piece of model t history. I proudly offer a photo here for your appraisal.

Well what do you think just some solder seal and a bit of polish and its going on my 1912 barn fresh touring.radiator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 08:57 am:

Brass car guy. That thing is a "work of art" "beautiful" and I would love to have it. You have a good eye ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Hucked Finn's! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Erich- Yes it is a Reeder Head. It is a later mfg head. The early Reeder heads have Ford Script. I have no particular use for it, but a hoarder has to hoard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Didn't buy anything this year but saw some great folks.

That transmission drum set that Eric purchased was mine and I've NO idea what it was used for. I came as part of the "stash" when we bought our first Model T. Has good drums in it which is all I know for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Pitts on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

I got a Bermuda bell, an aluminum wolf whistle with a real nice label and an old soldered can of "Waxit".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

I didn't get nothing ... I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage in the snow. :-) :-) :-)

Oh well ... See you all next year.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

I might mention that it is a FORD script "made in USA" radiator with a riveted neck. Sadly the rear tank cover is missing so no serial number or embossed plate.

I wonder about the history of where this resided for who knows how many years. What caused the fins to just be eaten away? The weird thing is the brass is quite good considering but any copper has long since disappeared.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

Walt, what do you want for that HP5A?

We didn't get there until about 10 Saturday morning and I don't walk fast anymore and my brother is a little slow too so we just eased along. It is hard to get past the garage sale crap to see if there is much of anything in the piles in the buildings or the trailers and piles outside.

Sorry I missed most of you guys, we were there until 4 PM and got to see quite a few people including Floyd Voie and his wife Jan from Chehalis/Toledo. I finally got to meet Art Taylor from Widbey Island and his son Mark. Art has a 26 Sedan with an S4Bf. Could have spent the entire day visiting with T folks and enjoyed it all but we did look around a little. I bought a couple carbs, nothing wonderful, bought a little Sherline lathe that I am going to set up to grind needle tips as a dedicated machine for that, two Ruckstells and a few little things.

Most of the swap meet is later stuff that I am not interested in but since I also do 40's-60's Willys pickups and CJ's I was looking for some of that, too. Also some tools. NO Willys parts at all. I particularly am looking for a set of NOS taillights for a CJ2A and another set for my 54 pickup -- they are slightly different but not too much. Need more stuff than that, starter, Carter WO & YF carbs are always good to find, etc. Nothing, nada, nolo, zip, zilch. I was surprised at that.

Most, not all, of what was there seemed to be whatever somebody was stumbling over in the garage that they didn't have any use for. I saw some people packing things out but it didn't look like a lot was moving on. But. I talked to a couple guys what said they had a good morning on Sunday and a very good Saturday. So, it's hard to say.

I have been to very few swap meets so I don't have a lot to compare it too.

I had a good time with my brother, got to see a few guys I know and made a deal with a guy maybe, to get some repops made of my original Pasco wheel wrench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 12:11 am:

brass car guy, if that rad were mine it'd go in the house if my wife would allow it (otherwise it'd be in my "office" or right outside) with a statement that would say "Always remember what we used to be."

The copper is gone but the brass is still there.
Read that again.

Nice find! :-)
How do do you pronounce Puyallup? Pie-Al-Up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 12:43 am:

pew-ALup.....Run it all together without any break and put the emphasis on the "Al". One syllable that roles out the mouth sounding sorta lowmediumlow.

If that makes any sense, lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Stan - the HP5A is on a stand and real purty so it's not going anyway real soon. I need to recheck the jets between it and the one on my car. Not sure if I'll be doing some jet swaps as I'm not far off today. If I decide to part with one of them, I'll check back with you. I do have a HP4A parts carb that you would be welcome to have. It needs parts and help but might be useful in restoring another one. Will get it in the mail to you this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

Wow! How did I miss that??? You must have got there early and been in the right place at the right time with the right amount of money.

HP5A -- It's not too hard to make an adjustable main jet for them. I've done half a dozen or so as well as similar ones for other Zeniths. Jetting them is a pain and the adjustable main takes the pain out of getting them right on. If you need some jets let me know, I have a ton of Zenith jets.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

Not the finest lighting or pic but

Carb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Pitts on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

Stan, i sent you a message about hp5a carbs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration