OT wife bought me a 17 maxwell touring for Valentines day......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT wife bought me a 17 maxwell touring for Valentines day......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 08:34 am:

O.K so it's a coin bank but I still thought it was neat.

Maybe next year she will get me the real thing! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 08:53 am:

G.R., that is neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 08:56 am:

That's very appropriate, because today is Jack's birthday. Too bad we don't have Mel Blanc to make the sounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 09:08 am:

I think it was in the HCCA Gazzette that I read that many years ago when Jack was still alive, the Harrah museum obtained a Maxwell and planned to present it to him in a ceremony. A few weeks before the ceremony, during a conversation, Jack mentioned that he never really owned a Maxwell and had no interest in doing so, it was just part of his act. The museum quickly scrubbed the plan to present Jack with a Maxwell.

So, if you see a classified ad selling "Jack Benny's Maxwell", be aware that there is no such thing! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 09:32 am:

Mel was his Maxwell. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:04 am:

Here he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17N2g2Ryqi8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 11:06 am:

I hope your wife didn't have to break the bank for that car ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 11:57 am:

That is a nice representation of a Model 25 Maxwell. While Jack didn't specify a year of his radio Maxwell he used various years and Models from time to time in television, movies and photos.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

And a non-Maxwell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73LNY9ctFs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

Well, look at it this way - At least it won't take you long to polish the brass and wax the body! :-)
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

Back in 2006 I got this model and tried to replicate what I hoped my newly acquired real 1917 Maxwell would look like someday. I thought the model turned out well and it has inspired me to finish my restoration. I think the full size has turned out pretty close to the model.

Howard DennisMaxwell 1Maxwell 2Maxwell 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

It's nice to see the progress Howard. Looking great.
Maxwell was still in the top 6 in sales that year. It is fun to see examples of Ford's competition.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

Nice! The models and the car all look good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 07:20 am:

Looking good Howard, Keep us posted on that project!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

G.R., I've got a key for it. Came across it the other day in cleaning up my basement shop. It is very similar to a #65 "T" key I would not doubt that it would fit the switch. Jim

maxmax backtwinstwins2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

James, that key is for at least a 1921 or newer Maxwell based on the emblem and the shape of the key.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 06:41 pm:

Thanks Howard, I was kinda wondering about that. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

James, I myself had wondered when Maxwell changed to this emblem and I have not been able to find it used on any cars or advertisements before 1922 and Maxwell went out in 1925 so guess it was a short run for this logo.

Howard Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration