Any way to change my user name?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Any way to change my user name?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Adamo on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

I'm sure someone here knows. Can I change the "user name" that I use to log in to my account? Don't know what I was thinking when I chose it, but it's a PITA!
thanks in advance.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Richard,

There may be a way to change it. But with only 11 postings -- I would suggest cancel/delete your current one by clicking on the "user profile" icon 2nd from the right at the top of the screen. After you delete your old one, add a new one the way you want.

Low tech solution -- but I think it would work. Before you delete the old one you could see if it will let you create a new one. I suspect but I do NOT know, that it will say that e-mail address or something similar is already being used?

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

Richard -- No, there is not a way to change your username. I have been trying to change my name from coupelet since I sold my Coupelet project. I have contacted Chris, and he has no solution. I suspect that if you delete your current account you might be able to establish a new account with a different username, but I'm not sure of that. The system won't let you establish a new account from your computer when you have an existing account.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:34 am:

I just entered a new name with a new password and email address (I have several) and it worked just fine. So try your new name before you delete your old name. It may not need a new email address, try it as it can only fail..... No harm done.
Here is the email the system sent on my new registration:

Thank you for registering with our discussion board! In order to activate your new user account, simply click the following URL (if your mail program does not support clickable links, copy and paste the URL into your browser).

http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=register4&u=tonyb&k =KMLTHWWQZG

As a reminder, the username, password, and e-mail address you chose when registering for this discussion board are displayed here:

Username: Tonyb
E-mail Address: tonybowkerxxx@gmail.com
Full Name: Tony Bowker
Password: cxxxxxxxx3

Please bookmark the following link to access the discussion board:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Adamo on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 02:23 am:

Thanks gentlemen. I guess I'll leave it alone for now. It works, it's just a pain. So I guess if it ain't broke-don't fix it.

Rich A.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration