Carburetor Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Carburetor Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

I am contemplating putting a straight through Holley NH on my 1910 touring. I had a difficult time last year running a rebuilt Kingston L4. Does anyone have experience with one of the straight through Holley carburetors on a crank-only car?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. I will step back and listen.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Mike, I have a straight bore Holley on both my 1915 speedster and my 1917 shooting brake. Both are hand crank only. No worries starting either one.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

Same here. Typically cranks first 1/4 pull after priming with the key off three pulls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

My 1915 with a swayback starts on the first pull. I've read that a straight-through is even better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

I read about the straight through NH carbs being harder to start and poor idlers......The one I rebuilt and ran was neither. I think the sway back NH is slightly more forgiving all around, but the difference is very small.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Nh always a forgiving simple carb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:12 am:

I have an NH on my '15. When the engine is cold, it takes about three or four pulls including priming. When the engine is warm, it starts on the first pull, without priming.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration