Spoke for Hayes Wire Wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spoke for Hayes Wire Wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

Who out there sells or refurbished Hayes wire wheels? I need to replace one or two spokes.

Thanks for any advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

www.buchananspokes.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 04:54 am:

David, when you get your spoke, there can still be problems. If your broken spoke is an outer one, replacement is easy, as are inner front spokes. Inner rears are a different kettle of fish.

To replace a rear inner spoke the wheel must be pulled. To fit the spoke you will have to bend it to thread it into place, as much as a U shape at times. Then it has to be straightened out again once threaded into place. The spokes are tough to bend and tough to straighten out again, but it can be done. I have one to do on my chocolate van at the moment.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 07:16 am:

You might try www.daytonwirewheels.com for rebuilding them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

David,
The guy you want to have your wire wheels refurbished is David Moore Wheel Service. He does only wire wheels. David retired from Buchanan's and works part time in his shop at home. He lives in Apple Valley Calif. He also straightens bent rims. Does excellent work and reasonable on costs. He gets the work done quickly.
Phone no. (760) 240-3543

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

David, I have a bunch of Dayton/Houk used spokes in real good condition.PM me with the size and I'll gladly give you what you need if I have it., Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I look forward to driving this ol' homebrew T racer soon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration