Where can I buy a destributor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Where can I buy a destributor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willi Kuehnis on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 02:27 am:

Hi, since about 2 month I try to order a distributor for my T (12Volt).

I couldn't buy one. I tried it with texasTParts, Snyders, Macs. Noboday can has it on stock.

Does anybody know what's the problem ?

Where can I buy one ?

Thanks for help

Willi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 04:38 am:

john stoltz, model t ranch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 04:47 am:

takes place of timer directly. No gear or added linkage. Rotor mounts to end of cam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willi Kuehnis on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 07:03 am:

I already bought the electronic ignition. Can it be also mounted in this distributor ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willi Kuehnis on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 07:06 am:

Is there enough room behind the radiator and the fan to install and it and make the settings ?

Thanks

Willi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 08:24 am:

You would have to call the maker about electronic pickup. It is a smidge tight, installation is easiest with ras removed, like all dist. setups. Also needs to have timing cover centered like the t parts geardrive setup. Excellent and well made allternative to other dist. and benifits from simplified design.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willi Kuehnis on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 04:44 am:

Does really nobody know, where to buy a "real" distributor. This means for me: A "long" distributor, because I don't want to make my settings down there behind the radiator and behind the fan.

Willi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 07:34 am:

Did you try here:

https://www.modeltford.com/

?

If they do not have it, go here

http://www.mtfca.com/suppliers/Suppliers.htm

and contact everyone on that list.

Good Luck !

(Message edited by adave on February 17, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 07:44 am:

Willi,

Here are some,

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050890.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0 .H0.XModel+T+distributor.TRS0&_nkw=Model+T+distributor&_sacat=6000

But I sure would not touch any of them.
Purchase from one of our vendors and be satisfied with what you bought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

I emailed Bill at Birdhaven and they claim to have them in stock.
As an aside, I have heard that the body is no longer available and the future supply looks bleak.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Willi, I've had several Ford tractors and a truck that had the crab style distributor on the front. It was a pain to adjust the points but they worked fine. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

Willi is in Switzerland, which I'm sure doesn't help with getting one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 02:05 am:

Willi, One of the local Model T owners makes his own distributors.

He buys a second hand distributor of a wrecked 4 cylinder car. Most can be easily attached to a hand made bracket which he fits to the front timing gear cover laying down flat. He then uses chain gears and chain to drive it.

I must admit he is a handy tradesman but any person with basic engineering skills can easily do this. They work great, not the best look but could get you on the road until you can purchase the one you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 03:15 am:

Willi,

Did you try Lang??
Lang and Snyder are the only two I order parts and they always tried to help me.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/DT-CLB.aspx

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/texas-t-distributor

Good luck
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Both Langs and Snyder have no stock of distributors and no idea when they will have stock. This was confirmed this last week.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration