1912 Holley H-1 - anyone running this carb?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1912 Holley H-1 - anyone running this carb?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Gall on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 07:36 am:

Is anyone running a Holley H-1? I'm curious how well it runs, and assume that an NH would be more streetable than the H-1.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Sent you an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 11:08 am:

I replaced the NH on my '12 with an H-1 almost 20 years ago and never looked back.

Mind you, I have very little experience with T's other than my own, so more knowledgeable folks might say the car runs terribly. But I think the car runs fine and am well satisfied. It takes a touch of adjustment between idle and cruise, but it seemed like the NH needed the same treatment.

I have never compared power, speed, mileage or any other performance figures. It just runs fine and I'm happier with an original component.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 11:29 am:

They are great carbs but with the original needle and seat tend to be hard to keep from leaking. There are quite a few of them running today problem free and they run very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

I have run an H1 on my 1912 chocolate van for 21 years now. I can start it easily, it runs perfectly and has done so for ever. But Stan is correct. Over the years, the unique set-up for the needle and seat has worn and in 1 in 10 stops it does not close properly and it will leak fuel. I just need to find the funds to pay for the postage to send it to Stan for his Correction!

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration