Idea for a T book

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Idea for a T book
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

During my search and eventual purchase of my 1920 T I learned a lot from the MTFCA experts on how to spot the differences between 1917 through 1925 years.

What I want to do is try to build a reference page showing the differences between models (Touring) after the brass years.

I have a few books showing most of these differences McCalley's being the best, but I want to try to have them all in one place for easy access for those looking to buy a T.
So I want to pick your brain, from the obvious to the small details on changes over the years.

I understand that placing an exact date on all these changes is virtually impossible so I just want to do a general 'year' date that way when one is inspecting a 1920 T they can make a reasonable assessment that it is a 1920 and not a 1923 body (like it happened to me (3 times)).

If you can please place the years before the change would be of great help (including pictures along with the description would be best!), like so:

1920-1921

Touring model rear assembly panels changes from 5 panels to three panels.

5 panels, seam pre 21:

3 panels, no seam post 21:

1922-1923

Hood clash strips where change from straight design to a dogleg design to match larger hood design

Straight pre 23:

Dog leg post 23:

1923-1924

Spring shackles changed from changed from L type to U type. (I don't have these pictures so if you have them please post them!)

Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

I tried to erase this post but the site would not let me so please ignore and post on the 1917 - 1925 APPROXIMATE YEAR IDENTIFICATION CHANGES link below.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/616498.html?1455644674

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 09:29 am:

There are many points relative to the differences between the low radiator and high radiator cars and much is written about them. Problem is documentation and is critical to produce a good product.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration