Fender matching

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fender matching
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 07:44 am:

On my roadster I have had to replace all the fenders. The right front one I bought at last year's Ballarat swap meet. Apart from the usual rust out where it bolted up to the running board, it was in remarkably good condition. However, it did seem to curve much more than the left one.

To ascertain how much it needed to be adjusted, I traced the curve on a known good fender onto a sheet of cardboard. I cut out the outline and using this as a template, I could see just where there needed to be some adjustment, and how much was needed. It meant shrinking the side bead in places and stretching it in others. The template was invaluable. The two fenders now fit really well.

Hope this trick may help others.
Allan from down under

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 09:03 am:

Wow, what a project. Do you have any pictures to post? I have been FIGHTING a mangled front '26 fender to just bring it back to original. Joe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration