Headlamp rope gasket sealant

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Headlamp rope gasket sealant
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 12:50 am:

What have you found is the best sealant to use on the headlamp rope gasket that seals the headlamp lens against the reflector rim? Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 01:09 am:

I just use a hot glue gun and stick it on there.Be sure to put seam at bottom so water can run out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 01:36 am:

Venetian blind cord glued on with contact cement. If you have the rope gasket, I would use contact cement. I'm not a big fan of hot glue. Hot sun will melt hot glue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 06:17 am:

Like Hal, I use rubber cement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 07:09 am:

I used a little dab of clear silicone caulking. Like Brylcreem a little dab will do ya!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 07:32 am:

I have always used Vaseline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 08:43 am:

I'm with Dennis on that one. Worked well on my '15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 10:07 am:

Vaseline would be period correct. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

Clear Silicone it is. Thank you everyone. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration