Visit to the Model T Museum in Richmond IN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Visit to the Model T Museum in Richmond IN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Just a quick note to acknowledge Justin and Gary at the Model T Ford Museum in Richmond. They were terrific hosts when we stopped by on our journey south through Indiana. It was great seeing all the different exhibits and donated/loaned vehicles (some from people we know and from as far away as Florida and Colorado). We especially loved the mail truck outfitted for winter delivery (only Burger in Spokane could adequately describe it :-)) and the Ford plane donated by Dave Huson.
Rich & Liz Jesteadt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Yes, the museum is great, did you talk to the ghost in the mail truck? He must have been on break when I visited last year. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Looking forward to seeing it in June at Home Coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Osburn on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Actually, I believe the plane was donated by Fred Houston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

I can vouch for the Spirited Mailman ...

I hauled the snowmobile to the museum ...

Justin can vouch that I am actually " Crazy Jim " ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 08:56 am:

Being a "new guy" I stopped by last Spring on my way to the Ohio Mile LSR. Was amazed at the displays and Justin answered any question I had. Walked away with a new appreciation of the hard work and dedication involved in the museum. Thanks to all for a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:00 am:

That is a BEAST of a T snowmobile! I love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:46 am:

What a cool snowwheeler!! We do not have enough snow to have fun with it in the south most years. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

That Justin is a real "keeper". New to the hobbie and had some frequent flyers miles to use or lose, so made a trip from Atlanta to Indy just to visit the museum.
Gary had to leave but Justin walked us around everything including the rear building and when I asked if I could lay my hands on any of the vehicles (long story) he said "everything but the brass" and it really helped me to "visualize" how things went together.
Even had a WWI ambulance wannabe and it was neat to see how someone else was intrepreting a WWI Model T. Gave me some things to think about.

Wish we had more time to make the trail ride up to the Auburn and Cord museums. Another trip.

I want to do some Henry Ford things and Greenfield Village things either with my Model T WWI Light Patrol Vehicle when complete or my 42 Ford GPW WWII jeep before then.

I used to work at the museum in the '60's and want to show my wife a part of my history.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration