Question about attaching the top straps on a 1912 touring?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Question about attaching the top straps on a 1912 touring?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

question about attaching the top straps on a 1912 touring?

I am deciding whether to put the top strap from the top to the windshield or from the top to the radiator area.

Question is, where exactly is the attachment by the radiator and how does it get attached (i.e. by a 'lobster claw' / carabbeaner type clip?) I am looking at the ease of connect and disconnect.

Is it next to the brass support rods?

Thank you in advance, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Bob, sorry i don't have a better picture of this, but the top strap is simply wrapped around the front bow and clipped to the windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

I have a 1912 touring T with a long strap on each side going from a front of the top to a bracket at the radiator mounting bolts. It does not have the short strap that Kim has going from the side of the top to the windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

It depends on when the car was built. Early 1912 attached to a loop that bolts to the fender bracket. Mid model year the fender bracket casting was changed to allow a place for the hook to attach. Late 1912 was like Kim says.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Ok thanks again. I'll probably stick with the late model, although I like the look of the early model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

My barn fresh 1912 has the loops on the headlight forks and long leather straps back up to the front bow. My car was a January production.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration