OT: Dash Cams Revisited

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT: Dash Cams Revisited
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

I don't have a dash cam but want to buy one. I reviewed the post on the 2015 Forum and have found dash cams with memory cards from 8 to 32 GB. Most cams rewrite over the card when it gets full. What if you want to record on a day long trip of 8 hours plus? How long will an 8 GB card hold? How long will a 32 GB card hold? What type of camera did Google Maps use in their cars when recording 'street views' of almost every public highway and street in America, recording for hours?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

Google doesn't use a dash cam. They have a robot on the roof taking a continuous panorama. You can't miss it if they come down your street.

Here, the roof is obscured but it's obvious in the shadow it threw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

OK, I stand corrected on Google. Since the street view is 360 degree, I should have snapped to that. Now, can anyone with dash cam experience, answer my other questions?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration