MTFCA decals for trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: MTFCA decals for trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Looking for a couple of MTFCA decales maybe 12-18" in diameter that I could put on my new enclosed car trailer. I have searched the web site and if they are on there, I am missing them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

My suggestion would be to copy/paste the standard MTFCA/horseless carriage club logo (make sure mtfca says it's ok to use). There are many local ma and pop decal places or places that do decals for trucking companies that I'm sure would be happy to do it for you. You probably have some nearby, do a google search. That's probably your best bet. I had a friend get the logo for the septic business they started done in this manner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

MTFCA Decals 3", 12", 24"

http://modeltstore.myshopify.com/products/model-t-ford-club-of-america-decals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

Thank you. I have two ordered. I went to the MTFCA store but could not find them. Now I would like to get one for the St Louis Chapter. I was given a name and phone number but when I called, she did not know anything about decals. She said her sister might and she is going to do some checking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 12:01 am:

I am not out to poor cold water on your excitement about putting decals on your new enclosed trailer. However, not advertising what's possibly in your trailer may help on keeping it from being stolen.
Suggest putting a good tong lock on when it's stored.
JMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 09:26 am:

I have thought just the opposite Les, Model T decals might let a thief know that the contents of the trailer aren't anything he knows much about, has any interest in, or can sell parts off of for quick cash.

It's the opposite of having NHRA decals on a trailer, which will almost certainly have expensive parts that are much easier to sell inside it, or contracting/plumbing logos that indicate tools and copper pipe inside.

It all depends on how smart the thief is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 09:53 am:

Perhaps an MTFCA logo on one side and an NRA logo on the other.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 10:21 am:

I don't want anyone to think that I am paranoid but I chain the wheels on both sides of my trailer to the axles and have the tongue locked closed on the theory that thieves are lazy and will take the trailer that is easiest to steal. I was going to have my trailer lettered with the logo of the cars that I own but the guy who does the lettering talked me out of it because he said his experience was that trailers that identified what might be in them were the ones most likely to be stolen. We did however put a distinctive marking on the roof of the trailer so it could be spotted from the air if it was ever stolen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 10:21 am:

None would be the best choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 10:56 am:

"City Morgue Support Vehicle" would be my choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:04 am:

"Hazardous Waste Material Inside"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Sperm bank Cryo truck logo :-) We had a local guy who's business was collecting samples for horse and cow breeding. No one touched his truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:15 am:

I would use a magnetic sign rather than a decal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:24 am:

Ted, most trailers have aluminum siding on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:26 am:

for some reason, my magnetic signs won't stick to my aluminum skinned trailer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

This is O.T., but possibly amusing to the thread. I used to fly sailplanes - long-winged aircraft with no engines. We transport them, with the wings and stabilizers removed and held parallel to the fuselage, in LO_O_ONG, low trailers. One time a glider pilot hauling his trailer stopped for lunch. The cute waitress asked what was in his trailer, and he replied: "Championship alligators. I can haul six of them. They're asleep most of the time, but sometimes some idiot bangs on the side of the trailer and wakes them up. Then they start roaring and thrashing around, and it gets kind of interesting." The waitress looked a bit dubious, and asked: "Come on, what's really in there?" He said: "An airplane with no engine. I get it pulled up with a rope, and then I let go of the rope. Sometimes I can fly hundreds of miles, with no gas and no noise, and come back and land in the same place I took off." She thought a minute and said: "I liked your other story better."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

:-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

Noel, you'll have to use sutures!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Noel, on This Old House just now I saw them paint a wall with a paint that a magnet will sick to. Maybe just a little dab will do you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams - Imperial, MO on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

When I bought my enclosed trailer I asked about decals, and the consensus then was the more you made it easier to find, the less likely it was to get stolen. Also, with MTFCA and/or HCCA decals on it, thieves would realize it was not full of expensive tools which are easy to sell. How do you sell a Model T on the street? ;-) I also put the Model T Centennial decals on it. So whenever I stop, people start talking to me about my T. FWIW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

Here is my trailer it also has a MTFCA club decal on the roof. I lean towards Steven's idea.
trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

I have two friends who have had their enclosed trailers stolen with model T's stored inside. The trailers/model T's have not been recovered. One was a very nice 1911 touring in a new trailer which is probably in Mexico.
Sadly....it happens. Vehicles that are stolen here in southern California often end up in Mexico and never return.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 03:50 am:

Around here they do not care what is in the trailer. They steal trailers to make meth labs out of them. You just have to make it too hard so the thief goes somewhere else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 09:02 am:

How about putting "Drinking Water FROM Flint Michigan" on it? I would not take it, only if my house was on fire!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration