Pretty awesome accessory came in the mail today for the T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Pretty awesome accessory came in the mail today for the T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Casey wilmunder on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

Hi everyone,

Just got another accessory for my model Ts in the mail today was a old Gish automatic oiler for the Ford engine I didn't realize it was in the original package almost to cool to put on a Ford
Here is a few pictures.Are there any others out there running this setup and how well did it actually preform.

Thanks
Casey W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Most of these I know of that are in use do not use all of the kit. The main parts used are the combination oil light switch/oil trough that fits under the inspection cover and the little milk glass light that clamps to the dash. It is basically a "low oil" "idiot light" If there is not enough oil in the engine to keep the little trough filled faster than it runs out of the drain hole, the light comes on or flickers. So when you first start the engine or the engine is not running, the light is on. Then as soon as the engine starts, it fills the trough and the light goes off. It should be wired so that when the key is off the light is off, and when you turn on the key the light comes on. I have one I am planning on using on my speedster project. Nice item ... Have fun and be safe ... Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

Here's a few past threads on these.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/268729.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40975.html?1196365014

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/409850.html?1388017149

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 04:39 am:

Donnie,
If the light is wired as you suggest, surely it will only work when running the engine on 'batt'? When you switch to 'mag', it won't be powered. And I can't think of an easy solution unless you resort to powering a tiny relay - one which works on 10v to 35v AC - off the magneto.....
Or a separate switch which you will forget and leave on when you park, and off when you drive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

That's really cool. I worked for Groeneveld some years back and we were promoting the Oilmaster to the trucking industry. The 20 liter oil tank has a built-in electric pump. When the sensor detects low oil level in the engine oil pan (just before startup) the pump shoots half a liter of oil to the engine. It's a pretty slick setup, but the Everyday Automatic Engine Oiler shows once more that there's nothing new under the sun! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, February 19, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

I have one in the original box, with all the original packing - never used. Found it on EBay about three years ago for $15.00 (plus $10.00 for shipping). Cannot bring myself to put it on anything- just seems too nice as it is to actually use.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration