Burlap gasket - fuel outlet on firewall

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Burlap gasket - fuel outlet on firewall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 04:46 am:

Jim Hycner posted a picture from his original 26 Tudor of a burlap gasket which seals the fuel outlet opening on the firewall. Original post here: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/354242.html?1365851248

He mentions there are two rivets holding the burlap gasket. I can see what looks like the head of a rivet at the lower left hand corner of the fuel outlet.

So the questions are: Is this one of the rivets and where is the second rivet located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Jim's car is a 26 so it does not use the cardboard behind the firewall. It occurs to me now that this is the reason for the cloth seal here on those cars.

Has anyone found a burlap or cloth seal around the fuel outlet on a 27? Mine has the rivet hole below the fuel outlet but maybe it is used to rivet the cardboard pad in place?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

There is no Ford part number for a canvas gasket. IMO that gasket was owner added, the small hole below the cutout for the tank outlet is to place the threaded hook that holds the over flow tube to the firewall.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration