My VIN number 213048NEBR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My VIN number 213048NEBR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willi Kuehnis on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 06:08 am:

Hi,

can anybody explain me, why I have this
VIN number 213048NEBR on the title for my 1919 Touring ?

Thanks a lot

Willi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 07:03 am:

I restored a 1931 Chevrolet in the early 60's, and when I got done realized I had no title for the car (I was young and foolish!). I had to go to the DMV of the State I was in, get it inspected, and they assigned a VIN number.

I would be the same happened to your Model T, and that's a Nebraska state issued title. You should find a metal tag somewhere on the car that has that number.

It was easy to get a title in the 1960's. Not so now....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willi Kuehnis on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 07:39 am:

OK, but the engine also don't have a number on the water inlet.

Willi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 07:41 am:

I had a 27 Tudor with letters in the (I'm assuming) DMV assigned VIN. This was a N.Y. title. No problem changing over to N.J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 07:45 am:

So there was no # on the car or eng to use so one was assigned. There might be a tag somewhere. Mine didn't have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 08:35 am:

Assembled replacement engines had serial numbers, but bare replacement blocks didn't. They were supposed to be stamped with the numbers of the old blocks they replaced, but sometimes that didn't happen. Some got a non-Ford number, and some got none at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Was car ever titled in Nebraska.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 10:44 am:

David is right. That is a Nebraska assigned VIN. It doesn't matter if the car has a factory serial number or not. I had that issue with a 1931 Pontiac that I wanted to get titled with the correct factory number. They would not do it. They assigned a number and I had to put that number on the car. I'm afraid that in Nebraska that is what you get. If the DMV in your state is more flexible maybe you can get it changed to the correct number. Or maybe if you can get a title from someone you could stamp your engine with that number and use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Anytime you are trying to change a title for whatever reason, you are asking for big trouble. Best advice is to live with what you have. That car has a state issued VIN number for whatever reason. Someone along the line applied for a title without the previous chain of title, so they had to start over. I got raked over the coals cause my car was one year off from what was correct even though, I had a clear title in my name. I gave up on that simple task real quick. DMV suggested I was commenting fraud punishable by law.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

I have done several cars of all kinds over the years here in Pa. Paper work has always been my biggest worry, I've never had a problem and the laws have changed every few years. Now my latest, the 25 T I'm working on has only a bill of sale, I've yet to cross that bridge. For now it's only problem is insurance and that can be a worry if your home owners does not cover. Without the vin# auto coverage is a problem. When I did a model A 20 some years ago the title was for a 1930 but the car was clearly a 1931, paper work done at AAA and they said just change it ! so we did !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Vin number should be stamped above water inlet. You should work hard on getting a title before you spend a lot of money, lees value means less tax in many states. You may have to go the bonded title route.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration