Window rubber doesn't look right

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Window rubber doesn't look right
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles legg on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 04:07 pm:

I ordered the rubber that the glass sets in in the regulator channel. The new rubber was 1/2 inch deep with the lip seal. My 1926 Fordor has the channel 3/4 inch deep. Did they send the wrong seal or is that all that is available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

That sounds like its the top of the window seal. The channel uses either tape or thin rubber pressed in the channel. I personally use Loctite PL-S30 for the bottom channel. It guarantees that no water will get in the channel and rust it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles legg on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

I ordered it from Langs and the part number is 8020.
Where can I get the tape or rubber for the channel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

Mac's sells it.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_model_t/glass-bedding-cork-and-rubber-compound -1-16-thick-10-roll-384425.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

To reiterate...I haven't had much luck using the adhesive seal nor using the rubber seal. The channels need to be pressed a bit which can easily cause the glass to crack. I use the Loctite PL-S30 which is a soft rubber to seat the glass in the channel. It can be cut with a razor blade if you ever need to replace the glass. No risk of breaking the glass that way.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration