Speedometer Swivil Joint Lubricant

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Speedometer Swivil Joint Lubricant
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

Can someone inform me as to the best lubricant to use for the swivel joint on a Stewart Speedometer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

Pack it with wheel bearing grease.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Not the really fiberous stuff though. Regular wheel bearing grease or chassis grease will work just fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

What about lubricating the Road Gear and Pinion? I was told to use Liquid Graphite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Sticky lubricant on the road gear and pinion will attract grit and grime that with act as an abrasive, in my humble opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

I have never used anything on the road gear and pinion. I just dont keep the clearance too tight and have never had a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

They work great dry. The fiber gear is made to wear out so you never have wear on the cast iron road gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

What do you use for the speedometer cable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

Wheel bearing grease.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 12:19 am:

I use light chassis grease. I fill my left hand with it and as I feed the chain into the casing it works it's way in.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration