Installing engine and warford advice

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Installing engine and warford advice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bartol on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

How would you go about installing an engine and Warford into a truck? Should I mount the Warford to the engine first and then install onto the frame or should I install the warford onto the chassis first and then the engine? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

I have never put a Warford in a truck, but placed several new Warford in cars. I found it best to install the Warford to the rear axle, make a temporary support, bailing wire will suffice, then lower the engine into the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bartol on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Did you put a gasket between the drive tube and warford and between the warford and engine as well?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

Cannot remember, sorry. I think I put one between the engine and Warford, not sure between the axle and the Warford, probably yes, but not sure.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 03:43 am:

You don't say which type of Warford you have...cast iron or aluminum. In either case, there are no gaskets...it is the same as if you are installing a rear axle/torque tube to the rear of the T transmission.
With regard to your original question, I would install the engine first and then build on that. Hopefully the body is off.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration